You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New registration model

New Feature: Product registration and store content streaming

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased or received for free from the Affinity store directly to all your apps without having to manually install them. This is of particular use to customers who have more than one of our apps, or run our apps on different devices and operating systems as all your content will automatically be available across all of them.

If you register the beta app you will initially receive a free brush kit (the luminance brush kit) for testing purposes. This might be a kit you already have, but if you don’t you will get it for free. In a couple of weeks this will be expanded to include all of the store content you may already own.

While this is the full scope of what we are implementing for 1.9, the link between your account and your apps will open up the possibility for us to offer other features and services in the future which we think you will like.

This sounds really really bad as it was THE reason to move away from Adobe.

Crossing finger you are not turning in Adobe.. but preventively searching right now for an alternative to Affinity Photo..

--
Nicolas DET
Fotografie
Les gens sont la clef

Event, Porträt, People, Hochzeit, ... Live
http://www.nicolas-det.eu

https://www.instagram.com/nicolas_det_fotografie/

I am also very concerned about this. But as I understood it, it's only about matching the apps on different devices. But I don't understand why Affinity stores data about the used hardware (mainboard) etc. for this purpose.

Mir bereitet das auch sehr große Sorgen. Aber wie ich es verstanden habe geht nur darum die Apps auf unterschiedlichen Geräten abzugleichen. Allerdings verstehe ich nicht weshalb Affinity dafür Daten über die verwendete Hartware (Mainboard) etc. speichert.

I am so Sorry, Google translate for me, I am not liable for Google ;-))

18 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

It's optional, if you don't like it, don't use it, we won't be forcing you to create an account. We just thought it was a convenient way for users to download their content from the store, in the app.

It has been also optional with Adobe..

Feedback: Always keep the normal regitration model. Will immediately leave Affinity (or any other software company doing this) otherwise.

--
Nicolas DET
Fotografie
Les gens sont la clef

Event, Porträt, People, Hochzeit, ... Live
http://www.nicolas-det.eu

https://www.instagram.com/nicolas_det_fotografie/

• Staff
23 minutes ago, Powerhorse said:

But I don't understand why Affinity stores data about the used hardware (mainboard) etc. for this purpose.

We have corporate customers who have bought multiple licenses through the same account. Unlike our home use license (where any machine on that OS that you control can have the software installed) the business licenses are more strict and limited a single machine or a single person on many machines. This panel in the Affinity Store account with information about which machine has registered will help those business and educational customers manage their licensing.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Come on, Nico, this is ridiculous ... you can't compare it with Adobe in any way! No one is forcing you to do anything - it's optional and for some customers useful! You are not the center of the universe - despite the fact that germans still sometimes think they are (Zwinkersmiley)!  Read and understand! And I don't think it's appropriate to start blackmailing in such agressive and inappropriate way now!

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

1 hour ago, DarkClown said:

Come on, Nico, this is ridiculous ... you can't compare it with Adobe in any way! No one is forcing you to do anything - it's optional and for some customers useful! You are not the center of the universe - despite the fact that germans still sometimes think they are (Zwinkersmiley)!  Read and understand! And I don't think it's appropriate to start blackmailing in such agressive and inappropriate way now!

I do not read anything agressive with nico. This was just a statement
Until now nobody said that Affinity is switching to a rental software system.
But if that is so, I would react the same way as nico

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.