You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble selecting the desired object.

Muscateer

Please view the supplied video to see this issue. Essentially, when I try to select a particular object a different object is selected. Even when clicking into blank space the same object is selected. Frustrating. This happens on other pages too. It seems that it is always related to text frames. There are other pages on which it doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Muscateer said:

Essentially, when I try to select a particular object a different object is selected.

This seems similar to an open bug that I reported not too long ago:

To work around the issue, try reordering the text frame object in the layer studio to see if that resolves the problem. It seemed to work for me.

HI @Muscateer Thanks for the video. Can I ask what version of Publisher you are using? The issue reported above was fixed so I'm trying to see if this is a slightly different one.

Would you also be able to upload your document? I can supply you with a dropbox folder link if you don't want to upload it publicly.

Thanks for the info. I've just tried the file from the bug mentioned by @garrettm30 and while it has now been fixed it is present in 1.8.4. I'd like to see if the fix for that bug also fixes your issue, it is very likely.

Would you be able to install the latest Mac Beta and see if your issue is still happening in that build? You won't need to upload your client file if it is no longer an issue in the Beta.

Thanks