You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher-hard cover poetry & photography to eBook?

I just finished my first book using Affinity Pub. and found it to be excellent.
Have output it in PDF and now passed inspection at BookBaby for proofs - expect to see in 11 days.

Given:
Hardcover, 100 pages, 7" high x 9" wide pages, 50% of spreads are both pages poetry - some pages have 2 short poems on the.
Balance is a spread where left side one or two poems, right page is always a photograph.
Alternates both pages poetry then next spread poem/s and photo.

Just finishing build the website myself in WPress for the book. 
Now JUST trying to get up to speed as quickly as possible on eBooks for mixed poetry and photography.

Many questions, but I'll start with just a few:
1.  As I want to keep as much of the book sales price as possible - what is the best way?
     Just have a link on my website to download directly?  If so, how to I restrict the buyer from distributing to all of their friends "free" copies?
           I have filed copyright on the book with Feds.
2.  Is Kindle Create actually the best way to distribute due to the market presence, forget trying to squeeze every penny out of sales as they will accelerate sales?
          Has anyone taken a poetry & photography book into Kindle Create?  (FYI:  BookBaby took the Affinity Pub. PDF file with no problem.)
3.  There are 6 of the poems that have been translated into Chinese by a close friend of mine and in the print book.  Thus my book is mixed languages.
         Will this create serious problems on trying to do an eBook?
4.  What are other eBook distribution paths for such a book as mine?

Any help is of course greatly appreciated.

Jack

• Staff

Hi Jack,

I think you may find it difficult to get the answers you are looking for here as your questions are more to do with the topic of book publishing as a whole while this forum is designed for support with the Affinity apps.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

It's call Affinity Publisher?
Today, the publishing market embraces eBooks.

As a publishing tool, I have seen nothing in Affinity marketing that implies not for use in producing an eBook.

If I am incorrect, I hope a moderator will so advise.

To my way of thinking, a users forum is all inclusive of the use of a given product in the with the "walls" of the software as well as 
the before and after pipes it can connect to.

Sent an email to Affinity - go my answer - Publisher is not designed to interface with the eBook opportunities those that want to 
follow the part of print then into eBook.

Sorry to bother this forums members,
Jack

On Nov 3, 2020, at 7:48 AM, Affinity Team <affinity@serif.com> wrote:
Hi Jack,
It is not clear from your forum post that you are asking a specific question about Affinity, so yes Callum (who is a member of our team) is correct.

I think you may get a more straight forward answer if you asked your questions in a more straight forward manner.
Assuming that your question is, "can I create an ebook in Affinity Publisher", then the answer is that exporting to ebook is not a feature of any of the Affinity applications at this current time.

Kind regards,

Steven @ Affinity Customer Service

-------------------

That was the root of my question - with an answer of “no” then the rest is superfluous.

Surprised your firm is ignoring that market.
Thanks.  Appreciate the quick reply!

Jack