You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.8.4. Crash on Save

JKCalhoun

Keep crashing now trying to save. On Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.6) using 1.8.4. Publisher.

Crash log looks like:

Thread 3 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.default-qos
0   ???                               0x0000000200000007 0 + 8589934599
1   liblibkernel.dylib                0x000000011387a80b Kernel::OutSerialiser::SaveObjectI(Kernel::NonCounted<Kernel::Serialisable const>) + 107
2   liblibkernel.dylib                0x000000011387a4f0 Kernel::OutSerialiser::SaveObject(Kernel::IDTag, Kernel::NonCounted<Kernel::Serialisable const>) + 128
3   liblibstory.dylib                 0x0000000113b37c50 Story::PinInterface::Save(Kernel::OutSerialiser&) const + 48
:

Am I screwed? I have spent weeks on this document....

Calhoun Family Photo History, The.afpub

Delete pages 36-39 ... Save works.

I tried many other permutations of [delete pages , save] and [delete pages 36-39, save] was the smallest number of pages I could delete and still save.

Guess: something on pages 36-39 is causing the crash.

Please try to fid this crash and fix it. I feel like I'm walking in eggshells now ... wondering what edit will hose my document again.

Adding full crash log in case you can symbolicate it:

Crash Log Publisher.txt

I can open and save your file OK

Since all your image files are linked I don't have access to them and only see an embedded low-res version of them (this is normal)

To me this suggests one of your image files may be the cause of the crash

Personally, I would delete all images on pages 36-39 and relink them, one by one, to see if you can narrow down the issue

PS Sometimes a suspected corrupt image file is not actually corrupt but relinking the same file mysteriously cures the problem 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Under Document Setup, as you can see for yourself, Color Format is set to CMYK/8 (and using a SWOP profile) since this project would ultimately go to press (book). Looks to my eye, in the same panel, like Assign is set though, not Convert.

Images were either directly exported from Photos (for Mac OS) or pulled down from Ancestry (where I had uploaded them some time ago, again, likely after exporting from Photos where I had edited. them).

Images have been uploaded.

• Staff

Thanks. The crash was caused by a "known" pinning issue. We can't seem to find a recipe to create it from scratch, but every now and then we have a file with this issue. Perhaps you can remember what happened to Calhoun & Garten Grocery Store, 1411 Chelsee St, KCMO, George & John Calhoun, 1 yr old Anna Garten file? I've attached the fixed fixed file for you. 

This is what it looks like. A "hidden" pinned image Spread 36-37, and 338-39 :

image.png

Fixed.afpub