You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Text wrap and master page objects

Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with image behaviour that I can't quite nail down.

I have page numbers set in my master pages, however images that are placed on regular pages are moving the page numbers via text wrap. Previously as an InDesign user, text placed on a master page, such as page numbers, page headers etc. would be unaffected by images or other objects. In the example below, I have an image with text wrap applied. On the master page, the page number is in the middle and centre aligned (as you can see on the left page), but the text wrap around the image has forced the page number downwards, as you can see it is no longer in line with the opposite page (page 14 is correct, page 15 has been pushed down). Even with the tight text wrap dropped to 0mm bottom, this still happens.

I have the same situation on another page where it is being pushed left.

Of course, I could just remove a page number on that page, but I want to know if there is a way to stop master page elements being pushed by images. This is extra important where I have art elements what need a text wrap, that may also touch the page headers, which need to stay in line.

Thanks!

Shep

Affinity Publisher - Chapter 1 - Welcome to 2119.idml [Modified] (25.0%) 2020-11-02 18-08-46.png

If the page numbers are in  text frames then set their text frames to ignore Text Wrap. It is in the Text Frame panel.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.