You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Selecting a text box, select the one below it [Designer]

ok this is getting weird now.

I have this file that I upload below. It is a typical menu and as of that I have a couple of text fields for each category.

They are copies from the first one (if it matters at all) and I have this weird behavior here.

2020-11-02.png.1945f872f9b189f8ce4439a748912608.png

When I try to select textbox 1 in the page and I click from it's middle and below (for selecting the text there for example) with the pointer OR the text tool, it go and select the text box below (no3).

This only happen with textbox 1 and 3 and not for example with 2 and 4. It also happens in artboard 2 (a copy of the first one with changed content)

I also tried to copy the content and paste it in a new textbox, and this behavior remains. It only goes away if I make a new text field and write everything from the start.

Any idea? Is it a bug?

upload.afdesign

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10

Where did the text come from? Is this originally from a different program and copied and pasted into the Designer document?

I ask because there is something very weird with the two problem fames. Select the lower left one with the move tool, copy it and make a new document from the clipboard. You will not see a 'normal' new from clipboard result. I see a huge amount of empty space to the top and the left and it is similar results with the others. There should be no space between the top and the left.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

indeed, I don't remember exactly where it started but I started working on another, older file that had the same menu items from a brochure I did for the same client and then saved as, then I make the first text box with the style I want to follow and then copy it for the rest of the sections. Then I copy the text from the old artboards that I want and I paste without format to keep the style of the text it replace.

I have experienced something similar with old files coming from another version of designer but this time they are made with the current version. Maybe something, somewhere broke and I kept moving this from file to file?

Current Workstation:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 - MOBO: Asus B450 - RAM: 16GB DDR4 2667Mhz - GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 1GB
NVMe SSD: Crusial P3 1TB M.2 -  SSD: Samsung Evo 850 256GB  - PSU: XFX TS450 - OS: Win10