You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Giving away license I am not using, cannot be done, why?

Hi guys, before I start to be really really disappointed I wanna ask why cant I giveaway my Mac license I am not using or cannot use at all as after quitting a job I stopped using Mac license. I couldn't transfer the same license to Windows, which means I had to buy another one and now you are telling me, I cannot give my Mac license, not even sell but just give so its not purchased in wain?

I am very happy with the AD but these schemes everyone is using I cannot understand. I even have AD for iPad. 

So you just forced me throw away 60E with this tactics? I don't really buy this piracy thing, as I am sure there is a pirated version of AD. I really had high hopes for this company but it seems business is business and its scummy all around no matter how nice you wanna be portraited. Well, lucky you, you already have my money. 

• Staff

Hi @SIgor420,

Were you to purchase one of our apps from the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store, you would not be permitted by Apple or Microsoft to transfer those purchases to another account or user.

We too, do not allow users to transfer their Affinity Store purchases to ensure users are treated equally irrespective of their purchasing preference.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

You are not Microsoft or Apple. The sole reason I purchased AD is due to friends suggestions as you were not Adobe for which we all know how their business works. Please don't try to sell me different reasons because I know more than you think and I myself running biggest dedicated Cinema 4D (I even worked for Maxon for 3y) forums around the web and our community is well aware on how business works. What is not fair is that now, I cannot even give my license away but rather its more like I just throw away my 60E and the cause of it is your business model for witch many of us were thinking is much better than Adobes and that's why we choose you, but as we can see from this example, not really that different with the restrictions you put here. Just stupid and now some members are already aware of it but Ill make sure more are aware of it, as we all know and you know not many of us read license agreements. 

Trust me, we as users of your products are already tired of the business model everyone is pushing. Seems like not many really care about end user but mostly on how to trick us and earn more $$ and just milk us until we cannot give you anymore. Maxon is not better at this atm, Adobe not even worth of mentioning and now even you guys. Then you wonder why people pirate software, well, you don't have to go long way to figure it out. 

Here's the reply I got from the forum member I wanted to give the license to...

image.png.834265b76e884f75ec70629d6ce47de5.png

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a copy for my daughter to get the Cyber deal. I used my email address, thinking I could just buy it and then transfer to her. To find out that this stupid policy is in place is a shocker! With my job, we transfer $4,000 copies of 3ds Max around to different employees. A $50 program can't be transferred to another email and removed from mine? Makes zero sense. Once it's off my account, I don't see the problem.

By the way, I already own a copy of Photo, so I don't see how me buying a copy to give away can lead to piracy. UGH!

7 minutes ago, TLeyva said:

I just bought a copy for my daughter to get the Cyber deal. I used my email address, thinking I could just buy it and then transfer to her. To find out that this stupid policy is in place is a shocker! With my job, we transfer $4,000 copies of 3ds Max around to different employees. A $50 program can't be transferred to another email and removed from mine? Makes zero sense. Once it's off my account, I don't see the problem.

By the way, I already own a copy of Photo, so I don't see how me buying a copy to give away can lead to piracy. UGH!

The better approach is to email affinity@serif.com and the team there can sell you a redemption code. You then send the redemption code to your daughter, and she can visit the website and purchase the application using the code as payment.

If you purchased directly from Serif you can still follow that route by returning the software you purchased for a refund. You can arrange that by emailing affinityreturns@serif.com. The sale prices are good until Dec. 6 so you still have time to do that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

3 hours ago, TLeyva said:

I just bought a copy for my daughter to get the Cyber deal.

How old is she?
Where did you buy the software?

E.g. Bear in mind if your daughter lives with you and does not want the software for commercial use she can legally use your existing license on her PC at no extra cost. In fact, if you have 80 daughters in your household, they could all do the same - not bad for $50

Always read the EULA and T&Cs before purchasing, there's normally good and bad stuff in them

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

On 11/30/2020 at 11:36 PM, carl123 said:

How old is she?
Where did you buy the software?

My daughter is 28 years old and does not live with us. She is getting into photo editing, since she is working on an acting and modeling career. I bought the software on the Serif website. I have been communicating by email with support, to see if I can get it for her under her email. A gift certificate option would be great.