You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity vs Fresco. FIGHT!

It’s a well-documented fact that Adobe Fresco does not play well with the Affinity for iPad collection. The presence of Fresco prevents Affinity having access to the .psd filetype for import into the app(s) for editing. I reached out to Adobe support to tell them of my frustrations. Their main concern: “does Fresco prevent you from opening .psd files in Photoshop?”.

The latest (depending on when you find this) Fresco update allows Procreate to recognize/import .psd files with Fresco infesti.....loaded onto my iPad, which helps a bit. But it also suggests that there is a way on the Affinity development side to let Designer and Photo slide around the Adobe wall and into the .psd recognition light. I’m not sure if this forum section is even the right place to bring this up, but I was hoping to address the fact that Adobe is fully aware of Fresco’s file blocking ‘ability’, and is doing its best to make it go away for everybody except us Affinity users. Just wondering if the devs have any plans for code updates to combat this. 

• 3 weeks later...