You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

820 crashes when trying to link AD with my account

Affinity Designer will display the progress bar and seem like it's searching for something, then crash when attempting to link the product with my account. It doesn't even ask for an account e-mail or anything... not sure if it's supposed to do that or if it's trying to pull it from my browser? In any case it's definitely not working on my machine. 

You may want to check if your internet security software's firewall is blocking WWAhost.exe. If it is, then allow network/internet access  for WWAhost.exe and try again. It is similar to the svchost.exe and safe to run as it is part of the Windows system and there are no known threats for it to date.

If WWAhost.exe is blocked by your firewall then trying to create an account or sign in to an existing account will fail and depending on your system it will only crash the login procedure or the entire application before you get notified it failed.

This not only applies to Designer but also to Photo and Publisher, once WWAhost.exe has been allowed access then you should be able to register/login into your account in those as well.

• Staff

Hi @DragonWhimsy,

Thanks for reporting this. Just a few quick questions for you:

1. What application language are you using?
  2. What OS version are you on?
  3. Would you mind sending over your crash reports. These can be found in %appdata%\Affinity\Designer\1.0 (Beta)\CrashReports\Reports. Just paste that location into Run and it should take you there.

Thanks a lot

On 11/1/2020 at 1:39 AM, DragonWhimsy said:

Affinity Designer will display the progress bar and seem like it's searching for something, then crash when attempting to link the product with my account. It doesn't even ask for an account e-mail or anything... not sure if it's supposed to do that or if it's trying to pull it from my browser? In any case it's definitely not working on my machine. 

Try running AD as Administrator. It worked for me. Once logged in to Affinity, you can close AD and re-open as standard user, and the registration remains.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2020 at 4:00 AM, Dave Quail said:

Try running AD as Administrator. It worked for me. Once logged in to Affinity, you can close AD and re-open as standard user, and the registration remains.

Running AD as Administrator did actually work. I hadn't thought of that since I'm on an administrator account already. Good catch thanks!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.