You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do i put my picture back into iphoto?

HI .

Im quite new to photography .And i just started to used Affinity.

I use iphoto and I've set it to go to Affinity for editing my pics.But when im done developing my pictures and want to save it, the picture is save as a aphoto and i can't find a way to put it back into iphoto.

Is there a way i could edit my pictures and then make that picture go back into iphoto automatically  ?

Thank for your help.

Stephan.

HI .

Im quite new to photography .And i just started to used Affinity.

I use iphoto and I've set it to go to Affinity for editing my pics.But when im done developing my pictures and want to save it, the picture is save as a aphoto and i can't find a way to put it back into iphoto.

Is there a way i could edit my pictures and then make that picture go back into iphoto automatically  ?

Thank for your help.

Stephan.

Hi Stephan, 

Welcome to the forums.  :)

In AP, Save or Save As… is for the .afphoto format exclusively. 

At present, you need to export any edits to a folder of your choosing, in a format that is compatible with iPhoto/Photos (JPEG,PNG,TIFF…) and then import the edited file into iPhoto. 

Paul. 

JPEG will lose quality over time, though you have options regarding quality and compression. Note more compression will create a smaller file size, but give lower quality. Other file formats that can be used to save your photos are PNG or TIFF. JPEG is the most common format for posting on the web. The Affinity Photo help for export can be seen in "Sharing -> Basic Export"

If you ever change to using Apple Photos I notice in the help "Share -> Share" that there a menu item to send a JPEG from Affinity Photo to Apple Photos directly.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

The following all works with jpegs but with RAW files... I don't know.

Once finished editing in AP, hitting cmd+S will save the newly edited image in iPhoto where it was.
If there are multiple layers you will be asked if you want to; Save Flattened or Save As..
In the popup window, choose; Save Flattened to keep the photo with your changes in iPhoto and then close the photo by choosing; Close from the File menu or hitting cmd+W or clicking the Red button top left of the window.
If you choose Save As… it will want to save in AP's own format to preserve any layers etc.. and it will be saved outside of iPhoto.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M