You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

White line in exported images via Export Persona

Maxcreate

Hi everybody!

I'm experiencing export problems on Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo when I create graphics that I then export via Export Persona.
Exported Jpegs often have a white line at the end of the drawing board (see attachments).
Sometimes it happens on more than one side, other times on only one.
The thing is quite random and I can not understand why.

While editing in Affinity Designer I'm aware that there's a preview bug that shows that annoying white line. But I'm a little puzzled of why exporting shows that kind of line/alias/pixel-rounding-thing...

Any suggestions? Thank you very much!

1 - Original Doc.png

2 - Exported Issue.png

3 - Exported Issue.png

Odds are that either the original size and/or the export size are becoming non-integer pixel values. Jpegs, pngs, tiffs are pixel sized file formats. In your third image the bottom is having a tiny fraction of a pixel added to make up the integer value and the right side has more than a half added to make up the pixel integer value.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Bruce! Thank you for support ;)

In the meantime I did some tests and noticed that the problem occurs when creating a document with Artboards and the unit of measurement is different from pixels.
In the case of a single document the problem does not exist.

• Staff

Hi @Maxcreate,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
This is due how others units translate to pixels - most of them don't generate integer pixel values thus an additional pixel may be added to one or both dimensions. Change the document units temporarily to pixels, make sure all artboards coordinates and dimensions are integer pixel values in the Transform panel (remove the decimal parts/adjust as necessary) and export the file again.

Go to Affinity Preferences, User Interface tab, Decimal Places for Unit Types section and change the Pixels value to 3 or more so you can see more decimal places in the Transform panel (and elsewhere) in the application, otherwise you may still have non-integer values (like 23,005 for example) which may currently appear as integer values in the Transform panel.

If you need to work with pixel aligned artwork regularly you can enable Force Pixel Alignment in the Snapping options from the beginning (keep Move by whole pixels disabled) to ensure object you move/transform are all pixel aligned (when possible).

I am having a similar problem but I can't seem to fix it with the solution on this thread :43_slight_frown:

Pixels value is set to 3 or more. It works when I only have one 1080 x 1920px artboard in a document but as soon as I add another 1080 x 1920px artboard the x and y values just won't go back to 0, 0 when exporting.

• Staff

Hi @Kate_rad,
Go to the Layers panel and select the Habits or the Health's artboard layers (both have the same issue). Look at the X coordinate in the Transform panel for these layers: The Habits artboard for example as a X coordinate of 1174,1535 px. That's what causing the artboard to export with an additional pixel (1081px width). Delete the decimal part on that artboard layer and do the same for the Health artboard layer then export the file. You should get the correct dimensions on export.

You may want to enable Force Pixel Alignment in the main toolbar (the first icon in the Snapping section). Keep the second one disabled (Move by whole pixels as it will keep the decimal parts if you transform/move layers/objects which you don't want most of the time). This will help to keep all objects (including artboard layers) pixel aligned/on integer values if you enable it from the beginning. Note it doesn't fix/correct any existing objects/layers you may have created prior to enabling it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm very sorry but I have exactly the same problem and noting to solve it. This is the result  a line on my picture.

Preference with 3 pixels ok,  Square with an entire number of pixel ok.

I - I export a rectangle with persona, with entire pixel

2 - I duplicate my square and use magnetism by pixel, I want to create repetitive pattern. (Square only for the exemples with dark coulours)

3 - I export a tiff without layers

4- Result, We can saw the line between the 2 rectangles, So I can't create pattern, all my tests have this problem, line between forms paste edge to edge

bande3c.tiff

• 4 months later...