You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading failed unable to load document

Question 1:

Loading failed unable to load document. This is the error message I got while working on an embedded document. The program quit on me and I’ve now lost all my 2nd round logos. I’ve already turned these logos in for approval.  I need this file back immediately. 

Question 2:
I don’t see if I have the choice or not to work with or change out of working with “embedded documents”. I’d like to bring a file in and make it so I can change that file on one art board and it won’t effect the same document on other art boards? I need to be able to change this embedded document directly in the program without having to double tap on the layer which takes me to another window. This is how I just lost all my work. 

Brent Helms
Sent from my iPad

• Staff

@Brent helms If you can DM me a link to your file I will see if it can be recovered. However depending on the damage it may not be able to be recovered/saved to a new file.

When you insert/place an embedded document, the workflow to edit is to double tap it on the canvas or layers panel. This will open it for editing as a separate document, when you're done you tap the arrow in the top left to return to your original document and any changes will show. Embedded documents can't be directly edited within the document they're placed, the same applies to the desktop versions.

I recently lost some documents as well. I think there are two way that triggered the damage (unable to load).  

first: I did “save a copy” some of my documents directly to my external ssd to safe my storage and remove it from my internal storage. Some documents works fine when i open it back from my external ssd but some of them was unable to load (damaged) one of them is very important logo project.

second: The other time I lost documents (unable to load) was when I exit the document using the back button on the top left (I saved it before i exit) and then the document thumbnails i just closed turned black and there was a spinning wheel for a long time and the and the app just crashed. The document was unable to load after that happened.

Lately the app frequently crashes when I quit the document. The documents that get damage because of it was rare. But it made me nervous all the time. Please made this bug a priority to fix.

thank you.

6 minutes ago, pruus said:

Are you working in the cloud, or saving to the cloud or an cloudservice? This services does sometimes have a delay. You could try to wait a littlebit longer.

No I’m not using the cloud service, I just saved it to my internal storage. And sometimes directly to my external SSD