You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I return/refund my AP and AD purchases?

Here's the honest truth: I want to get the cuss off of Adobe CC despite using their products my whole life thus far. I primarily use Photoshop for digital painting and high-end architectural illustration (not to mention texture editing). As soon as Affinity Photo represents the needs of painters I will gladly switch over, but after purchasing AP and AD from the App Store and taking them for a spin for a week or so, I need to keep using Adobe CC until Affinity develops their products a bit more for painters like me.

Is there any way I can return my Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer purchases for a full refund? Whatever my word is worth on a forum, I promise I will buy them with full loyalty when Affinity painting functions are better than Adobe workflows - I imagine this could happen within the year, but I can't use them until that happens.

Thanks Affinity staff.

jarombra,

I believe that in order to get a refund you have to go through the Apple App Store. Just a question, did you download and try the betas before you bought them? To me the price of Affinity's products are not so high (like Adobe's) and so it wouldn't hurt to keep them. Plus, while they still have a little ways to go in regards to adding some features, the programs are really good and very powerful. What's the hurt in keeping them?

Hokusai

Refunds are handled by Apple and it's App Store policy. Meaning, you have 14 days after receiving your invoice to ask for a refund if the app doesn't do what you thought it would do.

Search for your App Store invoice and click on the 'report problem' link to ask for a refund.

bprTeqe.png

Hardware
 Mac mini (late-2014), 2.6GHz, 16GB RAM, Intel Iris 5100 Graphics  iPad Air 16GB White

Software I love, and you should get :wink:
Affinity Desinger - Affinity Photo - Sketch - Coda - CodeKit - iA Writer - Dropbox - 1Password

jarombra,

I believe that in order to get a refund you have to go through the Apple App Store. Just a question, did you download and try the betas before you bought them? To me the price of Affinity's products are not so high (like Adobe's) and so it wouldn't hurt to keep them. Plus, while they still have a little ways to go in regards to adding some features, the programs are really good and very powerful. What's the hurt in keeping them?

Hokusai

Yep, I'll just hold onto it I guess. App store says I can't refund it anyway, and assuming Affinity implements more functions conducive for professional painting workflows it will be better than Adobe.

Well I too would love a refund. The Haze Removal tool has disappeared - I cannot change the Tool UI size - The ONLY support is via forums. Adobe might be expensive at $10 a month but there is support, more tutorials than you could ever watch and they ADD options or at least put them somewhere else but they don't just disappear. Also why is there still a beta version when you can buy a full version that doesnt seem to have all the options of the beta?

Well I too would love a refund. The Haze Removal tool has disappeared - I cannot change the Tool UI size - The ONLY support is via forums. Adobe might be expensive at $10 a month but there is support, more tutorials than you could ever watch and they ADD options or at least put them somewhere else but they don't just disappear. Also why is there still a beta version when you can buy a full version that doesnt seem to have all the options of the beta?

The haze tool is only in the beta, once well tested it will be in the updates I'm sure. The Beta is the latest out for testing for Affinity owners only.

There are an amazing amount of tutorial videos already for this very new product and the help section is very good as well.

The reason why there is so much support for Adobe; is time and money. Affinity hasn't seen it's first offspring reach its first birthday yet, (with a few years in gestation). Whereas Adobe has been around for decades now and has been hoovering up oodles of cash ever since: thus spawning loads of options regarding help and tools. Affinity has got hell of a job to catch up with Adobe, but seriously who else is going to take on the impossible, Sketch, Gimp, DrawPlus :wub: (Where I started with vectors) ? The beta's raison d'etre, is try everything, weed out the faults, then less really will mean more.

My two cents worth...Where's the paste board? It's the one thing I need.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

The Haze Removal tool has disappeared  Adobe[...]  ADD options or at least put them somewhere else but they don't just disappear.

Truth be told, Adobe HAS removed many features from their software, and those either were not replaced, or only after a very long time. For example, the oil painting filter was removed from Photoshop, as was Kuler and Mini Bridge. With the CS5 release an assortment of tools were missing, such as the Pattern Maker.

Two years ago Flash lost essential tools: the bone tools and curves: these were only reintroduced a couple of months ago. Dreamweaver lost many features which were never redeveloped by Adobe. And many apps were completely abandoned without warning by Adobe (Fireworks, GoLive, Freehand, LiveMotion, and so on, and so forth).

Adobe did far worse than removing a beta feature in a beta version, and a feature at that which will return in the full release.