You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to make areas transparent with the bucket tool?

Hi Guys,

I have another ordinary sounding Question to you, again, I didn't found an suitable solution on the internet, so I thought I can ask here again, because last time I got very nice and competent answers here, thanks for that.

As you can see, the windows of the bus are grey, but I want them to be transparent. I've already tried it with the bucket tool, but with my knowledge I am only able to give the windows another colour, how is it possible to make them transparent? 

I'd be very happy to receive an answer from you 😉

For the ones of you that are German,

Hallo Zusammen,

Wie im Anhang zu sehen sind die Fenster des Busses grau, ich hätte gerne dass diese transparent sind. Ich habe es mit dem "Bereich füllen" Werkzeug bereits versucht, bin aber mit meinem Wissen nur im Stand den Fenstern eine andere Farbe zu verleihen, ist es mit dem Werkzeug auch möglich diese transparent zu machen?

Über eine Antwort würde ich mich sehr freuen😉

Screenshot (294).png

Make sure you have a transparent background:

1869746576_Screenshot2020-10-30at11_20_51.png.71aabcf118dd2f1f311c5053e62dadce.png

Then use the Flood Select tool. Click in each bus window to create a selection, then press delete/backspace:

1754188803_Screenshot2020-10-30at11_23_17.png.5d44856a3a51fb3cdfe1c943c356e45f.png

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.