You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD on iPad - Can select an layer to see which brush created it?

1. I think I'm missing a basic thing - I want to select a layer, in this case it's a thin line and see what tool I used to create it as well as the settings for that tool. 

Eg. whether I used a brush or a pen and if a brush, I want that brush to be highlighted to tell me which one - otherwise how do I use the same brush again when going back to the drawing?

Very confused about this as I don't understand how professional artists could use AD on ipad if this doesn't exist. .. at the moment I have to scrawl at the top of the drawing all the tools and their settings that I have used for that picture.

2. Also how are artists easily able to swap between tools on the iPad? Can i save tool settings?

For example, at the moment it's very slow for me every time I want to change from Brush/Pencil type/0.3  (sketch) to Brush/Retro Inkwash WC5/1pt/50% opacity. (shading)

I just want to be able to have 2 or 3 icons that represent my favourite tools and click once on them to use. 

Edited by JessBundy
another question in same field had to ask

I found the answer to number 2 which is to press on the right side of the brush to edit it. I can duplicate it, move it to my own category, then edit it. :-)

Now just need to find out number 1 but at least I can use my own category from now on instead of writing out which ones I'm using!

I’ve never really seen this functionality anywhere before for 1. Good idea though! However, you can select an object and copy it, then select the object you want to have the same look and paste the settings only... I think its only for vector tools and settings/effects, not raster brushes.

-Jim