You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pdf Passthrough : all the pages

Lots of PDF in this post, so I am not sure. In the latest beta PDFs are placed as Transfer. But if they are not in your APu document, you have to change the method for every single PDF. AFAIK there is no method to turn them to transfer in one go. Maybe making them linked could work? 

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, PONTHIEUX said:

I can do manually ..... but can i do in one shot ?

No. You will have to either:

• Place the PDF 80 times, choosing a different page for each; or
  • Place the PDF once, and duplicate that Publisher page using the Pages panel, then change the selected PDF page number on each Publisher document page.

The second approach should require less work.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I’d probably separate the PDF to single pages in an external application. There are plenty of free or inexpensive options available for doing this on Windows. Then you can use File > Place …, select all your single-page PDFs in the dialogue, and you’ll get the useful Place Images panel that allows you to simply add one PDF after another. 😀

(If you have single-page PDFs, still another option would be data merge, I guess. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the time to test it with documents so far, but it should work.)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.