You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Booklet printing 4 pages to a sheet instead of 2

I have created a file with 8 x A5 facing pages, wanting to print them 2-to-a-sheet on A4 paper, to create a folded A5 8-page booklet on 2 x A4 sheets.

Should be straightforward using the Booklet print setting in Affinity, and I've carefully followed the Affinity Help, but I keep getting 4 pages printed on a portrait page, instead of 2 on a landscape page. 

I have checked that it is set to scale 100% as instructed.  Changing the orientation to landscape throws an error (pink image) so it can't be that.

Can anyone spot what I'm sure  must be a simple error in what I'm doing - I'm wasting a lot of paper and ink here!

(I've tried doing it from a pdf as well, and still get the same problem.)

I'll attach a copy of the pub file and the pdf file in case that helps.

Many thanks in advance for any help for this Newbie!

Cheers, Helen

Ratcliffe_church_leaflet_8_pages_A5_V3.afpub Ratcliffe church leaflet 8 pages A5 V3.pdf

Personally I rarely try to print directly from Affinity. The easiest way is to open your PDF in a reader, such as Foxit (free) and use the booklet printing feature there. Obviously, if you don't have a printer that can print double sided, you'll need to follow your printer's instructions for two sided printing.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks @PaulEC- I think I've discovered the problem - my printer settings (which do indeed include duplex and booklet) were interfering with those in Adobe Acrobat, so even the pdf didn't print properly! 

I've cleared all the printer settings back to simple one sided print, and let the Adobe booklet settings take over, and now it is perfect.

Just tried direct from Affinity Publisher too and again, by resetting the printer to general print, the Affinity controls now work properly.

Maybe this will help some other beginner, before they tear their hair out!

Cheers, Helen