You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.1)

We've made some more Mountain Lion fixes in the next beta, so hopefully your issue should be fixed.

Should be fixed for you in the next beta! :)

That's great.  I'm always afraid that "this time" a Mountain Lion fix is going to be just too much trouble to be worth it for the (few?) of us left.  

GRID COLOUR:

Not really a Beta issue but I wish that the viewing grid was more visible as it is of little use, I had hoped that this would have been picked up. Adjusting background in preferences doesn't affect the contrast across the working image, could we have a colour range choice from black through white, or dare i say it. chose a colour from the colour wheel?

Looks like the latest Affinity betas might have an issue on Lion, as they both don't open…just crash!

Had the same issue with the Designer Beta.  :( 

I'm on my Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro running Mac OS Lion (still not had time to update yet..)

Again, here's a crash report, just in case it's the same issue that's causing the problem...

Affinity Photo Beta 1-3-5-1 crash report.txt

Cheers,

Steve.

I love the Live filters being organized via the pop-up menu accessible from the bottom of the Layers palette, the little hourglass (?) shaped icon...

1. How about removing the word Filter from the menu list for the sake of a cleaner and easier to read menu?

2. Same goes for Layer > New Live Filter Layer > XYZ Filter

It makes quickly finding what one is looking for much easier if there is not redundant info to read... thanks for your consideration.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

How about also organizing the Adjustments menus in the same way, by type of Adjustments, like the Live Filters are organized. Really helps usability and polish of the app...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Hi

I got the attached error message popping up on me today while I had the AP beta open but was in finder or working in another app. I've never seen it before. At the time, I was not online or connected to any network so I guess it makes sense that I couldn't update "Cloud" but surely it shouldn't be popping up error messages just because the computer isn't online - it shouldn't even be trying. Also, clicking ok dismissed it, only to pop up again soon thereafter. the document I had open didn't close or anything but I had to restart the AP beta to stop the message popping up again and again. Thereafter, it didn't come up again.

It might be an Apple message that's just being passed on by the AP beta but, if it is an AP message, then you also might want to note the typo in the message: "udpate" instead of "update" ;)

BTW: I'm running the El Capitan public beta (build 15A278b) if that has any effect on why the message is popping up

post-2981-0-49989400-1441725793_thumb.jpg

Hi Garytagreg,

This strange message has been explained in the Affinity Designer Beta forum and is due to how Affinity apps keep track of opened files. For saving efficiency, only changed part of files are updated on save. If the file has been changed by other programs this will fail with the actual message. This situation happens very easily if you are in Finder renaming/moving files and folders in the path of the opened files in an Affinity app.

I think this behavior is quite unlucky because work can easily be lost when files are just closed down like this. It is common behavior in OSX that you should be able to do file handling in Finder without apps freaking out. At least, if the app has lost the control over the file, it should ask to "Save as..." rather than just closing the offending file.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.