You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Aligning Object on Outside/Inside Brush stroke size

I wonder if there is a way to align an object not only on the wireframe but also on the outside/inside of the (brush) stroke size?
This is the standard:

Designer_Puh88o2YaT.jpg.48fcc5b45ad7c0fe6e45334454218141.jpg

This is what I need:

Designer_JE4ncLw53Z.jpg.f9ffb906eb3d9088b0c16df2403f3207.jpg

Cheers,
TImo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Thanks for your quick response. I'd just like to briefly explain why this would be a looked after feature:

When you precisely need the Object (including the stroke width) to end at defined measures (e.g. a surrounding frame on printed sign) it is important to have the stroke width included. Elsewise the sign would be cut of at the middle of the frame (at the wireframe).

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

Definitely useful. Right now I have to calculate or have to use "Align Stroke to Inside".

Well the numerical input features in AD are ... quite basic. Of course it's not a CAD system so nothing to be called a "must have" feature. But as a result it's quite some effort and needs a lot of workaround to realise numerial precision. Especially since the  stroke width can be entered in mm/cm but instantly is converted into px and not maintained as a standard measurement unit for strokes...

10 minutes ago, DarkClown said:

Especially since the  stroke width can be entered in mm/cm but instantly is converted into px

You meant pt? Preferences >> User Interface >> Uncheck "Show Lines in points"?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

6 minutes ago, DarkClown said:

Well the numerical input features in AD are ... quite basic. Of course it's not a CAD system so nothing to be called a "must have" feature. But as a result it's quite some effort and needs a lot of workaround to realise numerial precision. Especially since the  stroke width can be entered in mm/cm but instantly is converted into px and not maintained as a standard measurement unit for strokes...

Do you have the preferences changed here? It will take whatever your document units are if it is unchecked.

1997942192_ScreenShot2020-10-28at5_59_41AM.png.4610ec3d51a021b51d092bf59df79adf.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Oh, I got trapped ... it is driven by document units ... when you uncheck the box ... (I had the impression it would only switch between pt and px - but that was my mistake) - Thx for pointing that out.

Good idea. :)

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but one workaround to this is to copy the objects and use expand stroke so they will recognise the outlines of each other and then finally delete the copies if you don't need them. Far from ideal, but it works somewhat. Alternatively you use guides to help assist the snapping process a bit more when you want to repeat the process on several objects at once with the same outline widths.