You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

levels/curves: where is white black and gray tone eye dropper?

Am I right that Affinity Photo does not offer an eye dropper for white and black in levels / curves and also you cannot adjust the mid gray tone?

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

Hey cekuhnen,

I'm missing this feature too … there’s »Levels improvements« on the Affinity Photo feature roadmap, though I'm not sure what that means.

I really liked this feature in Photoshop, used it almost in every session for quickly cleaning up line art and stuff like that.

I’d like to see this added in future updates.

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

Good to hear that - it seems to me to be honest that Photo has some amazing functions but with basic foundations you guys slacked a little and broke too much with established workflows.

Claas Kuhnen

Faculty Industrial Design  -  Chair Interior Design - Wayne State University

Owner studioKuhnen - product:interface:design

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add when doing Levels please be sure to also implement something similar to the Alt Click+Slider that Photoshop has. Makes it much easier for finding the starting and stopping points. Not too sure what's correct name is, if you need me to screenshot what I'm referring to let me know.

+1 for Alt+Slider to preview white and black point clipping areas. Mega useful.

Just to add when doing Levels please be sure to also implement something similar to the Alt Click+Slider that Photoshop has. Makes it much easier for finding the starting and stopping points. Not too sure what's correct name is, if you need me to screenshot what I'm referring to let me know.

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

• 6 years later...
On 8/29/2015 at 1:51 AM, TonyB said:

All of these improvements will come in a future update.

6 years later and unless I’m missing something, i don’t see eye droppers in Curves like in Photoshop… it’s one of the reasons i haven’t ditched Creative Cloud yet… it’s little things like this that prevent Affinity from being a complete replacement.. I have all 3 Affinity apps but I’m still having to go back to my Adobe Suite for many things… 😕