You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hide all handles when moving or nudging?

daniel

When moving items around (whether dragging with the mouse, or nudging with the arrows on the keyboard) I find it very useful for only the object itself to be visible. Once repositioned, the handles, frame etc can reappear.

Acorn Draw > Artworks > Xara > Illustrator > Affinity Designer?

Or allowing a toggle or key short to hide handles and edges would help when adding blurs, shadows or any kind of effect where you need to see what you're doing without edges and/or nodes getting in the way. I hope something like this will eventually make it into afd. 

• 10 months later...

Add me to the list of users who want this. Handy when you must see an underlying UV map for texturing 3D objects. Need it in Designer and Photo.

PROTIP: Hold space while doing that.

Explain a bit more please.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• 1 year later...

I’m in Affinity Photo and this problem of persistent visibility of handles around selected objects is actually driving me mad.

The space bar trick is not what I want as it gives me the impression of doing yoga with my fingers while doing some other operations.

What’s needed here is an OFF/ON switch in the menus with a keyboard shortcut and I just hope that such feature will be included in a next update, real soon, now.

• 3 years later...
On 8/26/2015 at 8:36 AM, sldx said:

PROTIP: Hold space while doing that.

When I try to hide the nodes while moving and I hold the spacebar all I get is the hand and can not move any nodes.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

• 1 year later...

To hide the selection handles when moving an object:

1. Select the object with the move tool.

2. Hold down the space bar key. (This will hide the selection handles )

3. Tap or hold down an arrow key. You can change arrow keys as you go. ( the object will start moving slowly as normal but the selection handle will be hidden )

4. To speed up the movement.  Hold the space bar key down and taping or press an arrow keys, then press down the shift key, the object will move faster. 🙂

Note: Step 2 is the key to hiding the selection handles the rest are just normal keyboard short cuts for moving stuff.