You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crop tool causes affinity photo to crash in latest beta

Urgent...........  I have just installed the latest version of affinity photo beta on my system.  In the past there has been not issues when a new beta programme has been updated.

This time there is a major issue.  When the crop tool is opened and adjusted on a photo and then the apply button is used.  Affinity Photo just crashes.

This is a ridiculous situation to be in.

The crop tool must be one of the most used tools in affinity photo.

How is this going to be solved please and how long is going to take.

This post is more than urgent.  Regards John Skelton

This has been reported in the BETA forum, where all matters with the BETA versions should be posted.

Also it's highly recommended to NOT use a BETA version for critical work. It might be several weeks before they release a version where this is fixed. So please use the retail release for any critical work.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

Just now, Ron P. said:

So please use the retail release for any critical work

Or if you already have work done in 1.9 that now won't open in 1.8, revert back to the previous beta (if possible, on your OS/Configuration) 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I would use the non beta version if I could but my non beta version crashes every time I try to run the programme.  I reported that issue many months ago................... Never got a satisfactory reply to my post.

John Skelton

Same problem. I updated to new version about 20 minutes ago.  Not only is this extremely slow and riged, but each time I do a crop and hit enter it kills the program.  As it is now, this is unusable for me.  

How can I revert back to previous version?

Grimoire

• Staff

@GrimoirePhoto

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

i believe the previous beta is still available from the previous beta announcement thread. I have also moved this thread to the right beta forum.

This issue has also been fixed (as seen in the current 1.9.0.822 Publisher Beta in its Photo Persona) and will be available in the next Photo Windows beta

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@KitKat1947 & @Yorkie Bar Kid would you like your accounts merging into one? It would make this thread a lot less confusing. If you wish to keep 2 accounts then please stick to one account per thread so we can better support you

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi Patrick,  I understand that the two accounts are a pain in the proverbial.  I don't know how this actually happened but to merge into one account (preferably @KitKat1947)  would be the best logistically for me.

Can you do this work for me ???

If so please go ahead.

Thanks in advance for reading the above.

Regards,

John Skelton

• Staff

Done,

I will also get you some help regarding 1.8.x not running for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

β-1.9.0.820 - I'm not quite sure if this is the right thread (do not want to open a new one if ok)

cropping file (.jpg) after choosing desired size, clicking Apply to execute, β-1.9.0.820 APhoto is closing.
Is it also known issue or may be I'm doing something wrong ?
ps. previous version - 1.9.0.815 was ok

Affinity Photo 2.0.4.1701, Affinity Photo Beta 2.1.0.1781; Affinity Photo 1.10.6.1665,
Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342, Affinity Designer customer beta 1.10.5.1342;
Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342; Affinity Publisher customer beta 1.10.5.1342 + GIMP 2.10.22,  RawTherapee 5.8,  Darktable 3.2.1;

Win10Pro (v. 10.0.17763), IntelCore i7-4790-3.60GHz, ram 8GB, , ssd 256GB, Huion new 1060plus;
Monitor 2D FHD LG 1920 x 1080 px, Onboard Intel Graphics HD 4600.

confirmend, hier the same, open a jpg, set the crop after apply Photo close it self.

Windows 11 (Home)-build: 23H2- build 22631.2715
-  64 bits. 
11e generatie Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700K @ 32,60GHz.
Ram: 80 GB  DDR4 -3200 Mhz-  34" breedbeeld
GpuGeforce 3060 -12GB  OC-studiodriver: 537-58 - XP-Pen star03 -
mastodon.nl /@digitalvisuals - website:  digitalvisuals.nl

Affinity Photo2 - Designer 1.10-  Publisher 1.10 - ArtRage 6 - Lumina Aurora - ArtRage.

• Staff
19 hours ago, KitKat1947 said:

I would use the non beta version if I could but my non beta version crashes every time I try to run the programme.  I reported that issue many months ago................... Never got a satisfactory reply to my post.

John Skelton

I've replied to you elsewhere. If the beta runs and the retail does not, you may have installed all the apps into a single folder. Please see my other reply if you haven't already.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Cropping the document quits the program) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.9.0 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.