You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.3.5.1)

• Staff

I do agree, Alex - I also think that case 'C' is acting wrongly and I'll look into it.

I know they seem like the same thing, but Divide is actually an algorithm on top of geometry operations, rather than a geometry operation itself - it automates the process of doing subtractions and intersections for the user. So, the algorithm used in the Divide operation needs some attention for this particular case, but at least the the curves it gives back are correct (which is the bit that I've changed recently, so I'm relieved it succeeds in that respect!) ;)

Thanks, Matt … yes, I always asked myself, how to classify Divide as a geometry “operation” … but now, since you say, we should think of it as an algorithm “on top” of geometry operations, it makes perfect sense …  :)

Hi Matt,

sorry … it’s me, once again. I assume you still welcome any feedback regarding the Boolean operations. Well, I performed some extensive tests this evening, and I could not get one of the classic operations to fail.  :D

Only the Divide operation seems to behave a little strange sometimes, even apart from the cookie case above. Here’s an example of a strange division. Maybe an interference with the Corner Tool?  :unsure:

Cheers, Alex

post-1198-0-12467300-1441740636_thumb.png

Strange_Division.afdesign

More_Examples.afdesign

• Staff

Thanks Miguel :)  I've not updated the logic around things like this, I've (hopefully) just sorted out the cases where boolean operations were failing and returning very unexpected shapes. I can move on to fix things like open curves in the future :)

Hello!

I apologize for my English, I know it is very bad, so I use Google translator :)

I want to say thank you for the preference panel fonts in beta, it's great  :)

Export EPS is very good, but the bad export pdf :( attach files that you watched, what could be the cause or am I doing something wrong.

Just I agree with many that are missing installation settings fields.

My suggestion for export to JPEG and PNG, you can make the save button in the percentage that would have been understandable attach a screenshot of one, I think many will say thank you:)

Now questions :)
- Whether there are plans to fill up new possibilities, such as filling the grid, it is sorely missed
- Whether the ability to save presets, patterns of lines
- Distortion tools, such as curling

Tatyana

post-15790-0-77936300-1441801197_thumb.png

post-15790-0-81343800-1441801198_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to think that in non-destructive Boolean operations, 'Divide' simply takes you back before the operation was applied.

Is this too simple?

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.