You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Mouse pointer not changing shape correctly.

So this is what it looks like.

1. I first start out with the mouse pointer a few pixels below the scroll bar and I get a pointer shape.

2. Then I move the mouse pointer a few pixels higher, and normally it would remain the same shape but since I have the ( INPAINTING ) tool selected it changes to a circle. Again if I move it a few pixels to high then I am inpainting there is not change in the pointer shape to tell where the pointers location is , ( i.e. Is it a mouse pointer or the INPAINTING tool).

3. Now I make my brush super large and it becomes almost impossible to figure out where to place the huge honking circle to it's still has focus on the scroll bar.

When the mouse is outside of the frame containing the picture, it's shape should stay the system defined shape.

Inpainting_cursor.jpg

inpainting_small.jpg

inpainting_large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

@BruceFerjulian Regarding the current behaviour of the cursor/brush outline as it crosses a scrollbar in v1 & v2, it looks as though the width of the scrollbar, when present, is being considered as part of the canvas area and so the cursor shows as a brush outline when over the scrollbar.
I can’t say if this is intended behaviour or not as it’s always been this way.

However if you go to: Preferences > User Interface > Always Show Brush Crosshair.
This allows you to see where the “point” of the standard cursor arrow would be if it were visible and should allow you to more accurately move the scrollbars.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Outside of the canvas area it should always inherit the current shape set by the system unless the program wants to change it to another shape while over (horizontal/vertical) scroll bar and then back to the current CIRCLE shape when on the canvas.

I don't want to do hack workarounds, I would like it fixed.