You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export completely stopped working

Jaimoe

This is actually not a bug that prevent usage of some feature, but prevents complete use of Affinity Photo, but I don't see some link to tech support that would help.

All of a sudden, export function completely stopped working and I cannot export any image in any format. I can use export command, select export setting, pick location for file saving, but when I click on save, "export item" dialog never shows any progress and stays stuck forever.

Oh, I need to correct myself. After searching similar topics on the forums, and arming myself with much of patience, I found out that exporting some more comprehensive formats or heavier files can take more than 30 minutes on my PC. 

I am using AP for about month and a half, and so far the export process was significantly quicker, but with the fact that it indeed works, on contrary to what I stated on initiation of this topic, I will seemingly have to search for some causes on my PC setup.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hey Jaimoe,

I'm so sorry I missed this post. I just wanted to catch up and see if this is an ongoing issue for you.

You should have some indication about what's happening. What size is the .afphoto document you are working on and how many layers do you have (rough guess).

30+ minutes seems like a long time to have no visual feedback.

Hi, yep, as mentioned, with looking at some other posts and more observing, I've found out the issue is just about deceptive progress bar, which stays at zero until export is almost finished.

With enough patience all exports were completed.

I have utterly miserable PC configuration, so I can hardly say it's software fault that I have to wait for extended period of time. AP is actually very quick on my inferior machine compared to all other software I use. The reason for posting is that previous exports were indeed much quicker, but now after enough files processed I can say it's directly related to number of operations within files. When I have lot of layers, it is always slow.

• Staff

Thanks for replying!

14 hours ago, Jaimoe said:

I've found out the issue is just about deceptive progress bar, which stays at zero until export is almost finished.

This might be something we should look into. There isn't much point in having a progress bar if it is idle for the majority of the export and then shoots across to the finish line. 

Indeed, it doesn't look good in general sense way, somewhat sloppy thought its actually trivial and non-important once being revealed.

It is certainly something that affects how general public looks at Affinity Photo, I myself am glad that more important functions don't fail, and that this forum can provide solutions to the ongoing problems.