You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to Uninstall Publisher Beta and Keep 1.84 release

Using MacBook Pro. When I double-click on a Publisher document, it is opened with the beta 1.84 version instead of the 1.84 final release. I know I should probably open the 1.84 app first and then open my document, but I'd like to uninstall the beta and keep only the 1.84 final release. Is there an uninstaller or do I just drag the beta into my trash? Will trashing the 1.9 beta somehow "break" the 1.84 release?

8 minutes ago, tmbrg2020 said:

Using MacBook Pro. When I double-click on a Publisher document, it is opened with the beta 1.84 version instead of the 1.84 final release. I know I should probably open the 1.84 app first and then open my document, but I'd like to uninstall the beta and keep only the 1.84 final release. Is there an uninstaller or do I just drag the beta into my trash? Will trashing the 1.9 beta somehow "break" the 1.84 release?

Easiest way is to use the Get Info in the Finder on one of the Publisher files and then use the Change all after you select the 1.8.4 version in the Open With section.

1751961484_ScreenShot2020-10-24at10_36_33AM.png.980382bd5bd862263819ff7777b4d83d.png

uninstalling the beta is by dragging to the trash and no doing so will not break your retail version.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Easiest way is to use the Get Info in the Finder on one of the Publisher files and then use the Change all after you select the 1.8.4 version in the Open With section.

1751961484_ScreenShot2020-10-24at10_36_33AM.png.980382bd5bd862263819ff7777b4d83d.png

uninstalling the beta is by dragging to the trash and no doing so will not break your retail version.

Thanks, Old Bruce.  That worked like a charm! Double-clicking on a document works, as well as opening through File in 1.84. I had not installed 1.9.

4 hours ago, tmbrg2020 said:

I'd like to uninstall the beta and keep only the 1.84 final release. Is there an uninstaller or do I just drag the beta into my trash? Will trashing the 1.9 beta somehow "break" the 1.84 release?

To uninstall you would move the Affinity .app to the trash and optionally also its related preferences and caches.

If you have two beta versions installed then they use the same preference folders/file, all of them are different to those used by the retail versions. Means retail and beta installations are independent and don't influence each other, but several beta versions share the same preferences.

To delete not only an app but its related preferences/caches trash also these folders/file:

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity [app name]
~/Library/Caches/com.seriflabs.affinity[app name]
~/Library/Preferences/com.seriflabs.affinity[app name].plist

This paths are for the Serif store purchase, for mac App Store the paths are different, for instance...:

~/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinity[app name]/Data/Library/Application Support/user/

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1