You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Missing lens profile data for Canon EF-M 18-150mm 1:3.5-6.3 IS STM

Hello Support Team

I am using the Canon EF-M 18-150mm 1:3.5-6.3 IS STM lens on my Canon EOS M6 markII and want to process .CR3 raw files. Even after downloading the latest version of the "mil-canon.xml" file from github, copying it to the lens profile folder and restarting Affinity Photo I could not find the lens.

I am using Affinity Photo 1.8.5.703.

What can I do? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mil-canon.xml

Edited by oetztalfan

• Staff

@oetztalfan

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Please can you supply/attach the xml file you have tried

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi @oetztalfan,

Unless i'm missing it on the list, the EF-M 18-150mm doesn't appear to be in that XML file or listed on the LensFun database as support.  If i'm wrong, please do link me to the page or point me in the right direction of the section of the XML file and i can raise this with the Dev team who looks after this section of the code :) 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:28 PM, gethinsart said:

I also need the lens profile for the EF-M 18-150 and it is still not in the latest mil.canon. I have been waiting for over a year now assuming this would be added at some stage but still not there.

It seems no contributer owns that lens. Have you considered to take the needed raw samples yourself?

https://kameratrollet.se/create-your-own-lens-correction-data-for-lensfun/