You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo quits on panorama

ntemis

same here

5 cr2 (canon raw photos) , affinity makes panorama and go to persona revelado -raw- (in spanish) all is fine . . . but if i move window crash. (old nvidia gt 730 4gb with 2 monitors on udated windows 10)
If i do not move the window and after develop, save the image, nothins happen. If i move the window, crash again.

If i close the program and open the saved image, then no problems and again can move the program window with no bugs. 

• Staff

Hey @ntemis - welcome to the Affinity Forums.

You are seeing the nvwgf2umx.dll which is an Nvidia related crash. We have been getting a lot of reports however nobody internally has been able to reproduce this.

Advice is to try updating your drivers or even better, remove and install fresh ones. Or to use WARP when doing a panoarma. WARP is found in Preferences > Performance.

Also, do you have Capture One installed? And more specifically, is Explorer Integration enabled?
image.png

8 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey @ntemis - welcome to the Affinity Forums.

You are seeing the nvwgf2umx.dll which is an Nvidia related crash. We have been getting a lot of reports however nobody internally has been able to reproduce this.

Advice is to try updating your drivers or even better, remove and install fresh ones. Or to use WARP when doing a panoarma. WARP is found in Preferences > Performance.

Also, do you have Capture One installed? And more specifically, is Explorer Integration enabled?
image.png

Hi Chris, Just FYI I have never had Windows Explorer Integration enabled in Capture One and I have had this problem since 442.xx drivers with AP.

Regards, Don

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running into the same problem.  I just installed Capture One and a trial version of Affinity on a new machine (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super, i9-10900, 16GB RAM, all drivers are up to date) and it crashed every time I tried to stitch photos together (it didn't matter how many, all .NEF files [RAW files from Nikon]).  I changed the settings to WARP and it's working now.  Not sure how much of a performance loss this causes, but it's much, much faster than the 10-year-old iMac I'm transitioning from so I can't complain too much!  If there's any data I can contribute to the troubleshooting cause, just let me know.

• Staff

@samayou - The issue is with Capture One for you, by the sounds of it. We believe it might be related to their Explorer integration. Did you check this? WARP is considerably slower so you might want to toggle it on/off for now until a proper solution is found. 

@mamik77777 - Do you also have capture One?

14 hours ago, Chris B said:

I'm not suggesting you do this if it will take too much time, but what if you uninstall Capture One?

I uninstalled Capture One, selected the NVIDIA card and panorama worked without any issues.  However, I reinstalled Capture One and it's still working just fine with the NVIDIA selected, so not sure what's going on there.  As a side note, the GPU never gets touched during this process.  I tried the same panorama stitch (25 .NEF files, each about 27 to 30 MB in size) using three different settings: WARP, internal Intel GPU, and the NVIDIA GPU.  All stitched and rendered in the same amount of time, give or a take a second.  The only resources getting used were memory and the CPU.  I'm surprised the GPU isn't be utilized, but maybe this process doesn't require it?