You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Resolved ] Feather existing mask in Photo iPad

See attached, I have created a mask which is not feathered at all currently.

I need to apply a feather to the mask. How do I do this?

** Photo on iPad

Feather a mask.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

Agh, just apply a filter!!

What has thrown me was that I’d tried to invert the mask using an Adjustment eariler, and it refused to apply it to the mask. It insisted instead on applying to the photo layer no matter what I did.

I think adjustments don't apply to masks, but filters do. That's my learning here. I'll need to play, to fix that in my brain, and to be sure my new clarity is correct.

I'd got confused between Adjustment and Filter...

----------------------------------------

The bigger picture - comment

So much to relearn, having moved from PhotoShop, it's really painful. I can't see the established professional design agency market moving to these apps, away from Adobe, anytime soon, tbh. I hope Serif can sustain themselves as it's going to be a painfully slow burn shift.

New young designers is where Serif will grow the market most easily... though there's a big challenge they need to ponder: the agencies that will employ them (or won't) will have Adobe in their DNA.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.