You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Single Page PDF Exports

Hello! 😄

Is it possible to export multiple single-page PDFs (different pages) from Publisher at the same time?

At the minute I am exporting one by one as my printer requires single page PDFs, as opposed to one PDF with all the pages in.

Ami 😁

I don’t think there is a way to do this as you would need some method of specifying the different file names for each separate PDF.
(I also did a quick check to see if I could use the Designer Export Persona - rather than Publisher - to do something similar but I couldn’t get what I wanted.)
I may be wrong though so keep checking back in case anyone has better knowledge.

@Ami_M Maybe you are "lucky" to own Adobe Acrobat Pro (or similar application). With Acrobat Pro you can extract the multipage PDF to single page PDFs. If "my printer" is not a physical device, but a company, you could ask them to do this for you.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

11 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

@Ami_M Maybe you are "lucky" to own Adobe Acrobat Pro (or similar application). With Acrobat Pro you can extract the multipage PDF to single page PDFs. If "my printer" is not a physical device, but a company, you could ask them to do this for you.

I'm not a part of the 'Adobe Family' in any way haha!

I think I will have to talk to my printer (company) about files going forward as exporting single pages is taking ages!

Thank you 😄

Just now, Ami_M said:

Thank you 😄

No problem. Extracting the pages from Acrobat Pro takes under a minute, so this should be no massive extra work for your printer. Just out of interest: Why does your printer need single page PDFs?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Joachim_L said:

No problem. Extracting the pages from Acrobat Pro takes under a minute, so this should be no massive extra work for your printer. Just out of interest: Why does your printer need single page PDFs?

Because I'm a horrible person using a non-local independent printer! 😂 Work stipulates I have to use Mixam for the books we produce and they have an upload system which wants single-page PDFs, and also when I send the print files to other companies they prefer having the single pages too. It's a boring job, but at least I get to design every day!

Are you on MacOS or Windows @Ami_M? If MacOS, it's possible (and fast, and relatively easy) to split multi-page pdfs into singles using Automator. Post back if you're interested. 

(I've worked on single-page upload systems and they work brilliantly for the printer, but not always for the publisher...)

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Just now, h_d said:

Are you on MacOS or Windows @Ami_M? If MacOS, it's possible (and fast, and relatively easy) to split multi-page pdfs into singles using Automator. Post back if you're interested. 

(I've worked on single-page upload systems and they work brilliantly for the printer, but not always for the publisher...)

Cheers,

H

Thanks @h_d! I'm on Windows but I really appreciate your willingness to help!

Hi @Ami_M, if you have Designer you could export the PDF from Publisher, then open that PDF in Designer, go to the Export Persona, set your PDF export settings, select all the layers and then create slice, move to the slices tab and then export. I have just done a very quick test and it seemed to work fine but I am not sending to a printer 😀

2 minutes ago, Murfee said:

Hi @Ami_M, if you have Designer you could export the PDF from Publisher, then open that PDF in Designer, go to the Export Persona, set your PDF export settings, select all the layers and then create slice, move to the slices tab and then export. I have just done a very quick test and it seemed to work fine but I am not sending to a printer 😀

Thanks @Murfee! I will do some testing and see if this would be a good workaround 😄

3 hours ago, Ami_M said:

I have to use Mixam for the books we produce and they have an upload system which wants single-page PDFs

Your multi PDF request sounds so weird that I checked mixam's site – and it appears to be possibly a misunderstanding of yours.

Here it literally says "You can supply your files in a way that suits you" ... "as a single combined file":

1313225425_mixam-printfilesetup.thumb.jpg.504d260a0b4c68749a6c02d093f61833.jpg

I assume "single" + "combined" means: All pages included in /combined into only 1 single PDF.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

That seems to solve your problem, but if you do need to split a PDF into single pages (or combine single pages into one PDF) anytime there are several free apps out there, such as PDF24 and PDF Split and Merge.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad