You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I use the paintbrush to make a dot?

When using the paintbrush, clicking on the canvas doesn't make a dot. I have to scribble the mouse/stylus around in order for a mark to appear. I'm guessing it has something to do with a smoothing effect (the same thing that causes a delay when writing with my stylus before the marks start appearing on the page), but I have no idea what settings to play with in order to adjust either of those (the delay & inability to draw a "dot") situations.

Any ideas, forum participants?  :huh:

Ohhh--Pixel mode! I've never used that before. The flow was set at 100% when I switched over, but I guess just being in Vector mode prevented me from tapping my stylus to make a dot. Still trying to weather the crossover from Illustrator, and it's a rather high learning curve, given that I was never really knowledgeable on AI, either (I mostly use these programs as whiteboard simulators for online tutoring sessions).

Thanks for the assist, evtonic3!!

Now that I've been working with the Pixel Persona, I was wondering if anyone had a Vector Persona workaround for placing dots. When I tutor online, it's very useful being able to move things I've been writing/drawing on the screen after I've drawn them (say, to reposition an equation to a more useful portion of the screen, or to shrink said equation to save space). Unfortunately, that's not something that can be done in Pixel mode.

So does anyone know how to make the application recognize that I want to create a simple dot (handy for writing the letters "i", "j", the algebraic multiplication symbol, and any decimal number) in Vector mode without having to essentially scribble around to make a pseudo-dot?

I don't believe you are going to achieve this in vector mode. The way we write on paper with a pen or pencil is different and dotting those i's and j's on paper will be a "point" where we strike the paper and a tiny dot appears. In Designer vector mode, you can only get close with a tiny line. Here is my video of me trying to do it.