You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cmd E crash APhoto

This may not help you much, but I get exactly the same result as you do with your file. But only with this file or by copying the pixel layers from it into a new document.
If I start a new document from scratch, making my own pixel layers, I have no problems.
Definitely something up with the layers in your file????

One thing that dose work in your document, if you want all those layers down into one, then the ‘Merge Visible’ command still works as expected, then you can delete or hide the source layers.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

It may be down to hardware specs rather than OS or application version. I selected all the layers (click on the top layer, shift-click on the bottom layer) and then ran Merge Selected (Shift+Cmd+e), and got a SBOD for about 30 seconds, but then it did merge:

139008154_Screenshot2020-10-23at23_49_31.thumb.png.42cf870a81374ff58b15756f866dd668.png

Lieutenant Commander Scott has been there before you:

scotty.jpg.5e9773640aaa61c7dc22db46c7fb307d.jpg

Edited by h_d
corrected abbreviation (SBOD)

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

@h_d ‘Merge Selected’ sort of worked for me too. Took around 1:15 to complete but left AP frozen afterwards with the spinning pin wheel of eternity and had to Force Quit.
I still think there is something “off” about that file. Finder says it’s 44.6MB but it doesn’t really seem contain anything substantial, each of the 68 pixel layers are quite small.
The 68 layer replica I made of it using a brush and then duplicating that layer comes in at only 399KB.
I do note that the original file is made up of a repeated image from a Panasonic DMC-TZ7 for each individual layer, which is maybe giving the large overall file size?

68 Layer Merge Test.afphoto.zip

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

18 hours ago, markw said:

Finder says it’s 44.6MB but it doesn’t really seem contain anything substantial, each of the 68 pixel layers are quite small.

Each small layer is really 1920 x 590 pixels non-destructively scaled to the small size.

• Staff

Hi lenogre,
This is taking time to process because each of these layers has a huge alpha channel associated which must be also processed (7853x1528 @1823 dpi - probably the same size of the original image from where you copied this from). If you rasterise the first and second layers first and then perform the merge down you will see the result/output is immediate.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.