You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

angle value display precision is zero decimal places

Creating, for instance, a donut, I can type in very precise angle measurements, to at least 2 decimal places. But the displayed number is always rounded to a whole number even though the donut itself clearly uses the angle to whatever precision I've typed in.

Is there a way to make the display match the true value to 2 or 3 decimals?

My problem: sometimes I'm guessing what the decimal places might be to get an exact alignment or fit, and once I've tried a few, zeroing in, it would be nice to see that the value is, in fact, currently 46.8 so I don't keep trying 46.8 when I meant to try 46.7 or 46.9.

There’s a Preferences setting for the number of decimal places to be displayed. By the way, you don’t need to type the number as a decimal fraction: you can type an expression such as 360/7 if you want to use an irrational number.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, spinhead said:

I have angles set to display 2 digits. No effect on the interface.

Do you mean you’ve opted to display two decimal places but you don’t actually see them in the Transform panel? :/

Alfred spacer.png

Thanks for the clarification. I overlooked the fact that you mentioned a donut in your OP.

I agree that it would be nice to have an option to display the values without any rounding.

Alfred spacer.png

I assume there is a bug in the UI, for two reasons:

1. In most (all?) numerical fields in Affinity panels you can use the Option or Shift + Arrow keys to in/decrease a value by 10 or by 0.1.
For this donut's angles in the context toolbar only Shift + Arrow do work, but Option + Arrow don't change the value and only causes a highlight-flickering of the selected field content.

2. Using Option + Arrow in such fields does cause (besides the flickering) an entry in the history panel "Set pie start angle" (..."end", "total").

That's experienced in macOS – how about these key commands in Windows?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1