You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Something I’ve never noticed before simply because I don’t tend to use presets. If you select a preset with a tablet pen, it does not work. If however you use a mouse and click select it does work. Surely this is an emission when presets will only work with a click and not a tap. Maybe I’m missing something. Feedback please 

What kind of Preset are you trying to use, and in which application and OS?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Works with my Wacom tablet and pen here on Mac OS 10.14.6 .

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Suppose I should have elaborated. I’m on Mac OS 10.15.7 ( the latest). Have a Huion 1060P tablet which I’ve had for awhile without any problems. None of the presets in the AP adjustments tab response, I’m talking B/W adjustment but have tried all within the adjustment tab. I must point out I have no other known problems using my tablet within the affinity suite nor any of my other software. It’s strange it works fine elsewhere within AP. Also strange that if I use my mouse, which I haven’t used since 2001, and click presets they work fine. Somehow the presets tabs response to clicks but don’t seem to respond to taps. Never come across this before with any other software in my system and only just noticed this by accident.

Do you have the latest Huion drivers? My Wacom has the pen set to register a Click (or Mouse down) when the nib touches the tablet, haven't a clue about the Huion.

Sorry that I didn't clue in that you were talking about presets for Adjustments etc, I just roll my own each time. Frankly I find them annoying and just not worth my time for the most part. But they worked here, maybe a tad less sensitive.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Just tried changing nib and checking the tablet app just to cover every angle. Still no change. If I was having a problem with pen click gestures elsewhere within the software I could point to the tablet but AP responds to my tablet click gestures everywhere else in the program so I’m ruling my tablet out. That also goes for every other program where it works perfectly and has always done. I usually check frequently for updates generally Old Bruce but I must admit I haven’t checked for the last two months, I’ll check. Like you I don’t tend to use presets but I was just taking time out and fiddling when I came across this issue. Would be interested to know what Affinity have to say on this issue though. As I don’t use them really, I won’t worry too much if I can’t get it sorted. Thanks for your input.

• Staff

Hi Raymondo,
If you tap a few more times in the same preset does it work at some point or never reacts? If you tap the adjustment header/label with the pen/tablet does it extend to show the presets (even if the preset themselves do not react)? Are you working in Separated Mode or using a multiple screen config?

Yes adjustment header tab opens fine and the individual adjustments open fine but it’s the presets themselves that don’t work no matter how many times you tap.  I’m working in separate mode. Tap gestures work absolutely fine throughout the rest of AP.

• 3 months later...

Just an update to the above, version 1.9 of AP still doesn’t seem to respond to pen gestures, this time in LUTS adjustment. I have the latest updates for the tablet (Huion 1060P) and have tried setting to mouse mode. Still nothing. As I have said I don’t use presets very much but I do use LUTS. As the tablet works fine in all other respects and other software, I can’t work out why this issue is arising. You can tap as many times as you like, the presets won’t work unless I resort to the old mouse click. I’m pretty sure I’ve exhausted everything my end, any ideas team why this issue exists and has anyone else had this problem. It’s quite possible of course that I’m overlooking something simple.

At the end of the day I won’t lose sleep over it but I have always problem solved, being quite savvy where computers and software is concerned, and do like to get to the bottom of issues but this one is proving problematic to resolve.