You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adobe Illustrator on iPAD - Affinity is so far BETTER

Many of us artist, illustrator and designers had some experience by using adobe's software when we started.

I took a look around the recent adobe illustrator app in order to see what features they have

I bring here a video that I review the Adobe Illustrator app, and I make some comparisons with Affinity.
I have to say, Affinity is a very awesome tool and it's just one time purchase

Of course, tools like
Mirror / Repeat / Erase tool / Quick Shortcuts / Smoothing Nodes during the Pencil Tool
Would be very welcome to the Affinity on Ipad

Here is my honest review 
Have you tested this app? what you guys like most and wanted to see on the Affinity?

Learn more: 🔴Youtube: Vectorize with Jhon
Follow me:      📷 Instagram     |    :227_bird: Twitter   |  📘  Facebook
Free Affinity Assets: https://gumroad.com/jhonsilva

5 hours ago, Artsketch said:

Then please make a "honest" review about the pixel brush blob bug. No, it is not far better. Can you ever imagine Photoshop with unusable brushes?

I see your frustration about the bug, but I'm not seeing this bug on here, how I would show a Bug that I can't see?
Have you tried to reinstall your app? I have a community of 160 students, they said nothing about this issue
should be a problem with your ipad / screen protector or apple pencil then.

But please, you should report this issue to the developers... not in the comment section in all of my youtube videos, I'm not a developer :) . Thanks

22 minutes ago, Jhonatan S Silva said:

I have a community of 160 students, they said nothing about this issue
should be a problem with your ipad / screen protector or apple pencil then.

But please, you should report this issue to the developers

No, it’s not a hardware issue. I understand you are very satisfied hyping Affinity. This bug was mentioned by several users long time ago in different threads and still not fixed by developers. It affects both Affinity Designer and Photo. Maybe on some ancient iPads not the case. Here it was discussed in detail: 

understood, I will take a look on it and I will help you in to report to the devs :) the goal here is the same for all, improve the software to make everybody happy with it. thanks to let me know

• 1 month later...

AI has been out on the ipad for about 2 minutes and is a new code base so you are basically stating the obvious. It sounds as though it is going to be developed in the same way as XD, new features being regularly added. The coming soon list is: 

• Sketch to vector

• Improved precision

• Variable-width strokes

• New brushes

• Drop shadow and other effects

As it can't even do drop shadows yet shows how early they are in their development cycle. 

Marc

ArtByMarc.me