You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.815 - sign in internal error

• Staff

Hi @Powerhorse,

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Thanks for reporting this, we're currently looking into it. Can I please ask how far through the process you were when you saw this? Also how many times have you tried?

Is there anything unusual about your internet connection?

Thanks a lot

• Staff

We're aware of users in some locales receiving an "InternalServerError" message when attempting to register using the new app-linking functionality. Sorry about this - it will be resolved soon.

Alternatively, if you go into Preferences, change your app language, then change it back, registration should then work!

Edited by Tom Lachecki
Update

7 minutes ago, Tom Lachecki said:

Alternatively, if you go into Preferences and explicitly set your app language to one of the supported languages in the list, registration should then work.

However, it does not work in the set language german

I am so Sorry, Google translate for me, I am not liable for Google ;-))

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Powerhorse said:

However, it does not work in the set language german

Please go to Preferences General and tell me what the language is currently set to . Then switch to another language (and restart the app) then after a Restart and switch back to German (and restart the app). Does registration work now?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
32 minutes ago, Powerhorse said:

The language setting in the preferences was German.

Okay, i tested it now in all 10 languages and it works in everry language.

Yes we think it is showing customers the UI in the right locale without it ever being explicitly set in the Preferences UI that is the problem. In other words it was "default" that does not always work. Thanks for trying

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...

Hello Serif Staff,

Sorry for bringing this up, but I just wanted to say that today I installed the latest 1.9 version of all the affinity apps, and the same error went up (Internal server error on login).

Changing the language settings twice, as stated in this post, made it working.

Since the 1.9 version is already out, I thought you might want to know that this problem persisted :)

I really love this update, thank you for all your hard work!

• Staff
1 hour ago, Andrea Dragotta said:

Changing the language settings twice, as stated in this post, made it working

Having worked out why this worked for you we have found the problem and fixed it, so this will not be needed for other users. Thanks for your help with this.

Oh, and welcome (back) to the Serif Affinity forums :) (I think you missed out on a welcome before)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.