You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving affinity designer files from mac to pc

I am not particularly competent with affinity designer, nor am I particularly good with computers so bear this in mind. I'm sorry if this is a simple, stupid fix. I have a mac with affinity designer and have done much of my advertising designs for my business with it. However, I have recently purchased a new PC and I now need to be able to transfer all my files from the mac to the pc, (which also has affinity designer on it) in a way that I can continue to edit them. I have no problem emailing myself files; however, once I open them on the PC, I can no longer edit them which I need to be able to do. The image is all there but if I click on the text box of my business card image, for instance, the text box is no longer there for me to edit. How do I do this?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @jwrule1865. :)

1 hour ago, jwrule1865 said:

I have no problem emailing myself files; however, once I open them on the PC, I can no longer edit them which I need to be able to do.

It sounds as though the emailed files are not in the native *.afdesign format. Did you perhaps export them for emailing (e.g. to JPEG or PNG) instead of simply saving them?

If I were emailing files to myself I would probably zip them up first, but a simpler solution is to use a file-sharing service.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

For some reason I am saying this with the notion that there is a reason why you can not, or have not done this.....and that is to copy all the files as they are to a USB stick? If the usb stick is formatted to fat32 or exfat if you have huge massive files above 4GB to stop them from fragmenting mac can write to it. If the usb is formatted to NTFS, mac can not write to this and if it is in  mac native then windows can not read this. Ignore as required,

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.