You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.0.815

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Features, Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

New Feature: Product registration and store content streaming

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased or received for free from the Affinity store directly to all your apps without having to manually install them. This is of particular use to customers who have more than one of our apps, or run our apps on different devices and operating systems as all your content will automatically be available across all of them.

If you register the beta app you will initially receive a free brush kit (the luminance brush kit) for testing purposes. This might be a kit you already have, but if you don’t you will get it for free. In a couple of weeks this will be expanded to include all of the store content you may already own.

While this is the full scope of what we are implementing for 1.9, the link between your account and your apps will open up the possibility for us to offer other features and services in the future which we think you will like.

Known Issue: 23/10/2020 @ 7:30am GMT, this issue is now resolved.

Users with certain locales are being presented with an Internal Server Error when trying to register their applications. We are aiming to resolve this issue (server-side, no application update required) tomorrow morning. I will update this post when the issue has been resolved. 

Changes

• Added Affinity Registration and Content Sync
  • [Installer] Fixed crash when the current monitor profile is set to a virtual profile
  • Fixed Curves panel Y values being reversed
  • Fixed Curves panel not updating when tabbing through the X and Y boxes
  • Fixed Curves panel difficultly dragging nodes
  • Fixed Keyboard Shortcut Preferences for Undo/Redo showing the name of the last action
  • Fixed Keyboard Shortcut Preferences not showing Ctrl+Shift+1 to 9 as being used
  • Fixed Studio Presets not being reset when holding down Ctrl at start
  • Added Image Placement Policy option
  • Added Resource Manager to menus
  • Added Show/Hide Text Overflow toggle

1.9.0.791 release notes

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

New Feature: Product registration and store content streaming

We have now added the ability to link your Affinity app to your Affinity account through a new app registration process. This will have the advantages of you being able to stream any content you have purchased or received for free from the Affinity store directly to all your apps without having to manually install them. This is of particular use to customers who have more than one of our apps, or run our apps on different devices and operating systems as all your content will automatically be available across all of them.

Installed without problems. Registration worked with no problem that I noticed. Brushes showed up in the panel without doing anything.

Since I have not purchased any other packs (so far) nothing else is listed.

Same applies to APh.

I was a little irritated about the 'Download All' at the top right, that does nothing. But I assume this is only active if 'Always install available content' is not checked?

Thanks for the update 🙂
d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Thanks for the update...registration process very 'smooth' no issues!
Pleased to see Resource Manager added..very useful addition...especially me!:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Loving the account sign in and other features that have come up! :D

I see that image placement policy has been added. Amazing feature! I've been waiting for this for quite sometime now.

Two little suggestions here:

1. Adding save as package option as in affinity publisher would be of great, great help.

2. This might be a little bit too much to ask for but if AD could start supporting AI with linked images, it would be awesome. I will be more than glad if you can tell me if this is in the product roadmap for maybe even AD 2.0

Have a great day!

• Staff

As Ash has said here

Yeah, we’re very interested in hearing feedback on the reg / content streaming stuff.

A few comments:

1. Signing in is purely to give the ability to stream content from the store directly into your apps. If you decide not to sign in it will have no other impact at all - you will be able to use the apps as usual.
  2. All store content will continue to be available to download and install in the old way if you would prefer for whatever reason not to sign in to get it.
  3. Once you are signed and install your content that will be available to you in future whether or not you are connected to the internet.
  4. The only thing is if you physically decide to sign out of the app you will then lose access to that store content. You can get it back at anytime by signing in again (or alternatively installing the old way as per point 2.)
  5. We are absolutely not collecting any usage data or anything else while you are signed in.

The issue with allowing your store content to still be available if you sign out of the app is that it could be open to abuse (i.e. credentials for an account which has purchased all content could be passed around for 1,000s of people to sign in, install and then immediately sign out of). Of course this concern isn’t directed at you guys, but something we need to think about ;)

But yes we are very interested in your feedback on all of this and are definitely listening.

and subsequently from the feedback we received he has said

Thanks for your feedback on the reg/store content sync. Last thing we want is for this to be viewed negatively, we just thought it was a nice convenient feature. We’ve decided to make the change that if you sign out any store content you have installed will remain (we’ll actually give an option if you want to clear it or keep it). So if you would prefer to be signed out you can without having to manually install the kits :)

This change will be in the next beta.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@baoyu Please try again, we have rolled an online  fix out for locale problems that may be related.

45 minutes ago, baoyu said:

Oh BTW, could we expect that using this account stuff to sync application preferences or settings  among computers?

We are currently discussing this sort of thing internally.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

6 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:
6 hours ago, baoyu said:

Oh BTW, could we expect that using this account stuff to sync application preferences or settings  among computers?

We are currently discussing this sort of thing internally.

The possibility of synced settings across apps and even across computers (home & work iMac, for example) is what makes this new feature exciting.

In the My Purchases section after registration - it is only showing the new brush pack, should this note be showing all other content too  -

I also have
the grade ui kit, retro supply font collection Iconic Graphic & Logo Templates by The Vector Lab, Fine Liner Affinity Brushes by The Artifex Forge, Montebello Typeface by Ian Barnard,  JR Macros: Channels

but only the luminance brush pack is showing up? is this intended 

'm not able to sign in with the Affinity Account in the latest Designer beta.

I can use the name and password just fine to sign into the Affinity store account, but not in your app.

pic attached - tried this with and without normal firewall, so it's not that...

no-login-soap.png.81c46882368ab6f752eb4d9eda2f71eb.png

5 hours ago, adi_cataleya said:

it seem Snap to object geometry in beta 1.9.0.185 no work

Hello @adi_cataleya,

I do not experience this. Can you give an example with steps to reproduce this? And perhaps a screenshot of you snapping manager?

Thanks,
d.

PS: if it turns out that it is a bug it would be worth creating a seperate thread for this.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

7 hours ago, dominik said:

I do not experience this. Can you give an example with steps to reproduce this? And perhaps a screenshot of you snapping manager?

Many thanks for your reply @dominik .... Here's a screenshot of two difference uses the Position geometry feature to objects in AD 1.8 and 1.9.0.815 beta.....

7 hours ago, dominik said:

PS: if it turns out that it is a bug it would be worth creating a seperate thread for this

My apologies 🙏

Hi @adi_cataleya

1 hour ago, adi_cataleya said:

Here's a screenshot of two difference uses the Position geometry feature to objects in AD 1.8 and 1.9.0.815 beta.....

Thank you for the screenrecording. I can replicate the same behaviour in V 1.8 (working) and V 1.9beta (not working). I suggest you start a new thread with this finding and add the videos.

I tried with snapping with the Move Tool to a different object and there it works.

1 hour ago, adi_cataleya said:

My apologies 🙏

Never mind. Cheers,
d.

I reported it here, @adi_cataleya 🙂

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.