You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

TEXT BACKGROUND COLOR

• Staff

Hi Zhang Drorin,

Unfortunately Designer doesn't have the ability to alter text background colour. We've found this can happen if you've pasted text off the web it can inherit the background colour which is then unchangable inside the app. This can then becomes the text tool's default for that file if you Synchronize Defaults from Object meaning any new text will also get this colour.

This is a known issue with development. However in the meantime you can use Edit > Defaults > Revert on any piece of text with this background colour. It will remove all styling which clears the background. If you then use Edit > Defaults > Synchronize from Selection it will then reset the default style for the object as well.

4 hours ago, Sean P said:

Unfortunately Designer doesn't have the ability to alter text background colour.

Won't the Character studio panel fix it?

image.png.abd5833104f96a74419437fe2243a56e.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Won't the Character studio panel fix it?

image.png.abd5833104f96a74419437fe2243a56e.png

Ahh of course you're correct! It can be done via this - I was getting myself confused with the iPad where it is not possible (which is normally the OS this gets reported a lot with).

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

Ahh of course you're correct! It can be done via this - I was getting myself confused with the iPad where it is not possible (which is normally the OS this gets reported a lot with).

It's a method I was just reminded of recently, Sean :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:47 AM, Zhang Drorin said:

I found my text tool have background color automatically,and I can find any option to turn it off,primely I thought that it must be something I turn on,but I check for a long time it seems no way to turn it off.Someone could help me?

Hello! I had a similar problem. If you have a publisher, select the text box and Designer / File / Edit in Publisher ... Here you have the option to change the color. After that you come back to Designer again and everything is fine! :-)

• 7 months later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:56 PM, gyalogosdesign said:

Hello! I had a similar problem. If you have a publisher, select the text box and Designer / File / Edit in Publisher ... Here you have the option to change the color. After that you come back to Designer again and everything is fine! :-)

that's the solution I was looking for, thank you! This was extremely frustrating to me today. I don't often use the text frame box in designer, but having to do so today, I'm really baffled - why is there an editable option like 'Text Frame background' without the tool in Designer to edit that option? That's extremely odd. 

• 1 year later...

I had gotten the same bug and about the only way to do it is the  Edit > Defaults > Revert, It seams to happen when I am using the dropper tool to change the color of a box background and then, I leave the computer for hours on end till I get back to working on it or my computer decides to go to sleep mode. And then all of a sudden the background image happens to be there on everything and cannot change it even going through Text > Show Character.

If I go here: Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset  and then I have to save the file as a new file name or it crashes when I change the fonts. 

Edited by Cybernetfreek

• 1 year later...