You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Solved! Turning a photo into a water color using plugin

After I contacted Support at JixiPix directly about the problem I was having with their Watercolor Studio plugin for Affinity Photo they immediately sent me an updated installer download. The plugin is working flawlessly now with Photo.   I also received an email from them today, which I wanted to pass along to everybody, because if you had purchased this app before this week you might have experienced the same plugin difficulty as I did.  Here is what they said:

"All of our products have been updated with the latest plugin that now works with Affinity Photo.  Our plugins only worked with the Mac App Store version. But now everything is good to go as they are all updated (and live) to work with both versions  [Mac App Store and ordering directly from the website]🙂

"We do need to update our site to better explain Affinity support as it seems to be more popular now than Photoshop (in fact that is what I use instead of Photoshop). Will add that to the list 🙂

"Go ahead and post to the forum that we are good to go. And thanks for doing that because these types of things are quite beneficial to our company since a lot of people do not even know about us. We are a small company, in fact there are 2 of us 🙂 My wife is the long time artist and I have been an algorithm engineer my whole life. Together we create everything on our site. We have a blast doing it too. Of course when things like new plugins come up its a tad stressful on us... doh..

Have a great one!
Michael"

____

And so here is my very first Photo/plugin/back to Photo attempt.   

106683661_italiancoastgussiedup.thumb.jpg.fd48872b940767e63f006e8a74c1d3ad.jpg

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

It really does do watercolour effects beautifully.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

When did you paint this? 😛

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.