You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gentlemen and ladies.
I am a newbie not a professional not even a good amateur very old and decrepit
I am trying to do a booklet my charity and I would like to put a border around every page whenever I do this when it's folded it's all out of line.
Can anyone help me please.

Am I the only one that finds the tutorials very confusing as they switch back and forward and go off subject quite boring as well
Chris

• Staff

Hi Chris,

Typically our tutorials are received very well so I'm sorry to hear you can't get on with them. Please could you provide a copy of the file you are working with so I can see whats going wrong?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

This might help you out a bit, I cropped out the white space in the frame (from the image) and placed it in a couple of Master Pages so it is centred.

There are two linked Text Frames on the Master Page 'Border and Text' and just the Border in the 'Border Only' Master page. You can apply them to what ever pages you want to apply them to, I included 8 pages.

2020-11-00 Newsletter setup.afpub

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, THE SQUIRE said:

Hi Bruce
I tried that this morning but the image is completely blurred what am I doing wrong? 

Hallo Squire, it is not you.  The frame is at 96 ppi, too low for a print and when it appears in your page it is placed at 193 ppi, due to the fact that it is doubling in size to fit the page which makes it even worse so don't worry this is not you.  Go to Resource manager under DOCUMENT and you will see this.  Now that you see what Bruce has done is it possible for you to repeat this following his example? You should not have the resolution problem then.

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.