You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plug-Ins Any Updates Due?

Hi, Not been had access to a computer since March and came back hoping that there would be some forward movment on the use of third party plug-ins within Affility photo but going to http://www.miguelboto.com/affinity/photo/plugins-support/win/

there does not seem to be any movment especially on the Topaz side of things, most if not all those Topaz plug-ins are years old.

So what is the forward plan if any to bring the option of up to date plug-ins into Affinity Photo?

Thankyou,

Russ.

• Staff

Hi Russ W,

We aim to improve plugin support with each update.  Topaz have created a guide here on installing them and from the reports i've seen here on the Forums they are working on the Windows version of Affinity purchased direct from us.

When it comes to plugin support ,sometimes there is also work that needs to be done via the developers of that plugin.  If developers contact us, i know from past experience the Dev team are happy to work with them :) 

I have just successfully installed plugins this week for two apps from JixiPix (Watercolor Studio and Impresso Pro) after contacting their support team.  They very kindly sent me corrected installer software and also let me know that they had revised all of their apps to accommodate Affinity Photo.  Both are working perfectly!  I have tried uploading an image, but get the 200 screen.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

@jmwellborn I'm getting the same problems you had with Jixipix Watercolor Studio when I try it with the beta version of Affinity Photo. Works fine with the release version (Mac App Store), as it clearly does now with your version purchased from the Affinity Store. It does go to show that 'plugin support' may rest with the plugin developers, not with Serif.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

14 minutes ago, h_d said:

@jmwellborn I'm getting the same problems you had with Jixipix Watercolor Studio when I try it with the beta version of Affinity Photo. Works fine with the release version (Mac App Store), as it clearly does now with your version purchased from the Affinity Store. It does go to show that 'plugin support' may rest with the plugin developers, not with Serif.

Yes.  I suggest that you send an email directly to support@jixipix.com and see whether they can send you an installer.  They were very helpful to me and really want to work with Affinity.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

I'll get on the hotline B|. I might have to pay for Jixipix first though, I'm still running the trial version :$. Although I suspect that once 1.9 goes live on the App Store, jixipix will be fast to pick it up.

Best,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.