You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Before asking this question, I did search the forums for any similar topics/posts and only one came up and it wasn't very informative. 

To the Serif crew, can you give, even a very general guess, a timeline for the Affinity Publisher workbook release date? Or at least provide some sneak peak into how far along you are in creating it? I already have the first two workbooks in my personal library. I would love to get the final workbook in the series; especially with the ground-breaking studio-link feature being included in the Affinity Publisher Workbook. 

I am a very patient person, I just ask for an occasional update on progress if you can manage it.

Edit: Or move this to the appropriate forum.

2 hours ago, JT_Allen said:

I did search the forums for any similar topics/posts and only one came up

https://www.google.com/search?q=Publisher+Workbook+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com

2 hours ago, JT_Allen said:

especially with the ground-breaking studio-link feature being included in the Affinity Publisher Workbook. 

If you own previous workbooks, you know that they focus on the description of certain work procedures, ie what and how to do, and not on the description of individual tools/functions and how they work. So although StudioLink is a unique feature of APublisher, I wouldn't expect any detailed description of how it works. I would rather look at the forum, where quite a bit has been said.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

Ah Ok. Now I have learned one more way to use a search engine. That clears it up. Affinity Publisher may not have progressed far enough along for them to feel confident about starting to make the final workbook for publisher.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

There is now official news on the Publisher Workbook, which is available to pre-order and shipping from 7th December 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@GW86

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I must agree, lets hope it is not common. I know the stickering process is a manual step taken in our warehouse before shipping boxes on to Amazon for distribution, so that is a concern as this may have happened to a whole box of German Workbooks (or perhaps more, eek!!).

I have seen your email to AffinityOrders@serif.com and brought this to the attention of the Customer services team who will be replying directly and sending you a correct replacement.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

29 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

I must agree, lets hope it is not common.

I’m sorry to say I think it might be! I’m in the same boat, and I’m not the only other one. :(

Edited to add: The label on the back says:

X0019NW35Z

Affinity Publisher Workbook English

The corners would have benefited from more protection than was ever going to be provided by a thin cardboard mailer for such a substantial book. Although not seriously damaged, they are slightly bashed.

Edited by Alfred
Added label and condition info

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Alfred please email AffinityOrders@serif.com about this with your order number, John from CP has already done so.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

@Patrick Connor  Just received my Publisher Workbook here in South Carolina, USA from your mailing facility in Nottingham.  Beautifully packaged, beautifully shrink-wrapped, beautiful condition, beautiful book!  English version.  In this virus-disrupted world with everybody ordering everything online, it is an enormous feat.  Another job very well done by all of you.  Thank you so much!! 

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• Staff
12 hours ago, Jaymc said:

Ordered (B08HYD8QQV) on December 2nd. Any ETA?

We are still sending more stock to Amazon to complete these orders. An email to AffinityOrders@serif.com may get you a more accurate specific reply.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 3 weeks later...