You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Images not bleeding at center of two pages

Where images span across two pages, I am seeing a vertical white line where the images are not bleeding off page correctly in the center. I have the images extended past the border but they are being trimmed at the page edge.

How do I force the center edge of the pages to bleed the images?

bleed_issue.JPG

You would have to ask your printer that question. It could be possible that they are not able to print that.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi,

It's practically impossible to answer without seeing an example of your .afpub file (not necessarily all of it, just a spread or two) and the exported .pdf, together with the settings you used to export the .pdf. It may be that the printer can't print bleed but it seems highly unlikely given that your final product looks like a perfect bound book.

EDIT: It would also be handy to have a copy of the printer's specs for pdfs.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

2 hours ago, oneearth said:

I have the images extended past the border but they are being trimmed at the page edge.

How do I force the center edge of the pages to bleed the images?

– Was it an APub or an AD document?
– If your document was setup with facing pages: what do you mean with "images extended past the border" concerning their edge in the spine?
– If you created a single page layout: how did you make sure that the left + right images indeed fit together?
– For both layouts: are you sure you had set the bleed for this specific edge according to the needs?

Your printed result:
– Was the tomato image in Affinity 1 or 2 layout objects (layers).
– What exactly is the empty stripe in the spine between the image parts? It looks as if the brochure was bound at the bleed, not cut at at the cutting edge – as if there is too much paper left in the spine. If this stripe should be the bleed (and show images of the bleed) why wasn't it cut before binding?
– If this empty stripe is not the bleed but shows parts of inside the page why does it not show the image there?

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1