You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture frame fill lost when image is placed

Hi,

I couldn't find an entry on this so I'm reporting it. If I place a picture or a vector graphic in a picture frame in the current beta version, this frame loses its fill color. I have attached an example document.

In the example document I have created three frames. All of them have a fill color but as soon as a file is placed inside them, the color disappears.It only happens when the file is loaded into the frame via file -> place.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Lost_fill.afpub

49 minutes ago, PeterB. said:

as soon as a file is placed inside them, the color disappears.It only happens when the file is loaded into the frame via file -> place.

I can confirm the lost picture frame fill color with the file > place workflow.

Edited by thomaso
EDIT: entire content replaced because of initially misread the OP conditions

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 month later...

Oh dear, I never moved with the mouse over this icon. Expected it to be another size frame / content button. 🤦‍♂️

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Try this: Create a picture frame, turn off "Clear fill on populate" and then "Edit" >> "Defaults" >> "Synchronise defaults from selection", then "Edit" >> "Defaults" >> "Save". At least on Windows.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.