You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to create woodcut print effect?

It's not an ideal subject for vector art, but one possible way is to use an image of a paper texture as the bottom layer, then draw shapes with the pen tool for the green areas above, choosing a vector brush for the stroke to give the slightly uneven effect. I set the blending mode of the green areas to Average, and I had to adjust the opacity of the fill colours (not the layer itself) to match the opacity of the brush I used for the stroke.

Screenshot_2020-10-21_at_08_28_12.thumb.png.02a65b2562606d490b6d4cfd9cc4171d.png

This is by no means perfect, but could give you a start.

Cheers,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Is there a reason why you want to try and recreate this in the Designer Persona and not the Pixel Persona?
Or, to put that another way, do you want the effect to be reproduced using vectors only?
I only ask as this will probably be fairly easy to reproduce using bitmaps but could be tricky to reproduce using only vectors (and might take a long time given the amount of detail in your sample).
The method given by h_d above is a good start but the best technique would be dependant on what you want the result for.
If you can give us some idea of what you are trying to achieve overall then you might get some suggestions which are specific to your requirements.

The image gives no sense of scale, you should show the full image as well to get a sense of context and also include the dimensions.

I don’t think Pomme27 means the texture but the shapes, if it is the texture as well the quickest method would be to trace a mottled texture with a raster to vector app or one of the online vectorisers.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions