You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pubisher - Page Numbers - How To Change Sequence?

Hi,

I have been playing with the trial of Affinity Publisher, and have been very impresed. I will be buying it once the trial ends in a few days.

However, I have come across what seems like a very basic option, but I can't find it anywhere.

I want to number pairs of pages (both pages of a spread) with the same page number. So two of page 1, then two of page 2, two of page 3 and so on.

I can not see how one can do this.  The only options I see are to change the style of numbers to Roman etc, or to specify which number to start on.

I have searched online, and watched numerous videos, but they all just say the basic "how to add a regular page number".

If it is not possible to have double pages, is it possible to have the page count go up only once per pair of pages, so the left hand pages are numbered sequentially, but the right hand pages have no number.

For the projects I want to use Publisher for, this would be something that is pretty essential.

I would very much appreciate if anyone could point me to a solution, thank you.

Edited by Azarna
Spelling error

Hi @Azarna and welcome!

You would need to create your document as single pages, by unchecking Facing Pages in the new document dialog, with the page size equivalent to your desired spread size, rotated 90º. For example, a publication with double spreads of A4 portrait would need to be set up as A3 landscape.

You would then place a page number field on the left and right edges of the master page(s).

This is the result:

1146090899_Screenshot2020-10-20at21_52_03.thumb.png.dc90849167dda666c0b60e2065c64a4e.png

Hope it helps!

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.