You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjustment presets

I've just started trying to use Adjustments presets but can't for the life of me get anything apart from the Default with the rare exception when I can actually click on the one I want. This happens for me both in the regular and Beta versions. 

Not sure what Separated mode was and never knew it existed until looking it up in help just now! No, never used it that way. I've exported a photo from Photos and imported it into the stand alone Affinity. I've also chosen a photo in Photos with the edit option (my normal way of woking) and opened it with "External Editors" in Photos as that's the only way of getting Photos to accept the changes when saved from Affinity.

• Staff

Hi @rwakeford,
I'm having trouble reproducing this in regular (windowed) mode. Do you mind recording a clip trying to apply the adjustment's presets to an image (the whole screen please) so i can see what's going on? Maybe there's something (a setting, a third party app running in background etc) that i'm missing here. Thank you.

It's really not worth doing a video because it happens every time and on every adjustment. I'm of course talking of Adjustments next to Layers in the Studio. The different presets show under the Adjustments, including one of my own (well, Ezra Anderson's actually) in B&W. However there is no response from any of them when I click on them, either before actually opening the Adjustment or after. Just once in a blue moon a preset will respond but it's only happened about 4 times. When I click on the adjustment itself it opens with the default preset and that's it, I can't change it to one of the others.

2 hours ago, rwakeford said:

I'm of course talking of Adjustments next to Layers in the Studio. The different presets show under the Adjustments, including one of my own (well, Ezra Anderson's actually) in B&W. However there is no response from any of them when I click on them, either before actually opening the Adjustment or after.

Just as a data point, I can't reproduce that on macOS 10.13.6 whether in separated mode or not.  They are working fine for me.

• Staff

Hi rwakeford,
I've been checking this again. As said previously it doesn't work for me in separated mode on Big Sur. I can click the section/header to expand a section and it does open the default preset along with the adjustment dialog the first time but then does nothing if i click on another preset's thumbnail on the same or other already expanded section - this both with a wireless scroll-wheel Logitech mouse (MX Anywhare 2) and the Macbook's trackpad. It does work fine with my Wacom Intuos Pro (in Separate mode).

In regular/windowed mode, the Logitech scroll-wheel mouse, Macbook's trackpad and Wacom Intuos Pro work correctly on Big Sur.
All above applies to both the Retail and current Beta.

I've logged the Separated mode issue. I will update this thread as soon as i have some news regarding a fix. Then please keep an eye on the Betas and let us know if you still experience the same issues. Thanks.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, MEB said:
On 10/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, MEB said:

I've logged the Separated mode issue. I will update this thread as soon as i have some news regarding a fix. Then please keep an eye on the Betas and let us know if you still experience the same issues. Thanks.

Thanks to you too. I'll certainly see what happens. Bizarre that it happens to me but I'm sure there's probably a simple reason that I've not found out yet!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just updated to the 1.8.6 Affinity Photo and all presets work without a single fault. As even the latest 1.9 beta still does nothing for me with presets I've gone back to 1.8.6 and will now wait for the public update to 1.9 and hope that it's solved, even though I realise I'm in a minority for whom presets don't work.

• 1 month later...

rwakeford, I don't believe you are in the minority. Only the 'Default' adjustment was working for me as well (using Big Sur). Only after reading MEB's (always responsive and helpful) post about being in 'Separated' mode (my preference) did I switch to 'Merged' mode. That solved the problem but forces a constricted workspace on me. Hopefully, the upcoming release will allow AP to work with the latest Apple OS.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.