You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I want to import multiple images that are all closely related and have the same camera setting.
I will then be able to apply the same corrections to all the photos.
I looked for a Batch tutorial. Did I miss it or is there none?

Thanks,

iMac mid-2017
3,6 Ghz / 32G

• Staff

Hi @Albo :)

Are you looking for a batch feature for RAW files, or any image files? (Such as JPEG, TIFF, PNG etc)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that!

Firstly, you can batch edit multiple images within Affinity Photo, either RAW files or regular image files - however the process for developing RAW files is different from loading each file individually.

If you use the Batch Process feature on RAW files, then the RAWs will be developed using the same 'pipeline' as the Develop Persona - however you cannot change any of the develop variables when using Batch Process. Essentially, using Batch Process on RAW files will produce similar results to opening the RAW file in the Develop Persona and choosing Develop without making any changes.

If you're looking to apply the same corrections to multiple RAW files, the best option is to create a Preset within the Develop Persona - which can be applied to each image you open and Develop.
You can add a preset by selecting the following menu option - 

image.png

In regards to Batch Processing image files that aren't RAWs (or if you don't need to change the develop options for your RAWs), you can apply Macros in conjunction with the Batch Processing feature, to apply the same changes to all your images.

Please see the below tutorials regarding Macros and Batch Processing with Macros for more info :)

Macros - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/309301203/

Batch Processing with Macros - https://player.vimeo.com/video/202893201/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Thanks.
If I make the preset in Develop PersonaI I will have to open every image one by one.
If I have many images that makes for a long process.

I might go with Lightroom for this. If I'm not mistaken I can batch process RAW files.
I will check this out.

iMac mid-2017
3,6 Ghz / 32G

• Staff

That's correct, unfortunately batch processing of RAW files with the same preset isn't currently possible in Affinity Photo - but this is something our developers are looking into for a future addition to the app :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

4 hours ago, Albo said:

I might go with Lightroom for this.

It should be remembered that Lightroom is DAM, so it is primarily intended for processing and cataloging a lot of photos, while APhoto is a photo editor for editing individual photos.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.