You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when using a template (artistic text and text on path)

Hi,

I've run into a reproducable crash in the current app store version (1.8.4) of Publisher that's been quite a pain for me. I'm not able to install the current beta at the moment so I can't confirm if it crashes there as well, but I suspect it would, too.

Basically, every time I create a document with a certain template I made, the app will crash if I:

- creat artistic text
- use the "Layer->Convert to Text Path" menu option on a curve

If I don't use the template and just use a built-in preset (Print->A4, for example), the app does not crash and runs just fine, so I suspect there is something in the template configuration that is causing havoc somewhere.

An important detail about my computer configuration: I have Japanese installed as my secondary system language (primary being “English (South Africa)”. The template in question does have some Japanese text in it, using "Hiragino Maru Gothic Pro" font, which comes pre-installed with macOS. I mention this as issues with Japanese text have been part of previous issues I've reported here.

I'm attaching the following files that I expect will be useful
- TextCrash.aftemplate : the template in question
- Text on Path Crash Report.txt :  crash report generated when I tried to "Convert to Text Path"
- Artistic Text Crash Report :  crash report generated when I tried to create artistic text

I hope this helps!

TextCrash.aftemplate Artistic Text Crash Report.txt Text on Path Crash Report.txt

Hi @Garytagreg I have been able to reproduce the crash both in 1.8.4 and in the Beta build 1.9.0.742. I noticed that it also happened when adding a text frame and typing in it.

If you do the following it should stop the crashing:

1. Open the template > Go to Edit > Defaults > Factory Reset
  2. The Edit > Defaults > Revert

It should now work ok. I will get this issue logged and pass this information on to the development team.